!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 146666 times)

Offline daffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1800 on: March 30, 2020, 09:36:52 AM »
Do sad to hear of your loss Bob. My condolences to you and may you raise a glass to his memory and remember the grand times you had together.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online Delboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #1801 on: March 30, 2020, 10:11:08 AM »
Deepest sympathy at your loss Bob. Thoughts are with you and his family at this time.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1802 on: March 30, 2020, 10:16:18 AM »
Sincere condolences to your mate's family and friends, Bob.

Offline steve836

• N Gauge Society Number: 22948
    • Awards
« Reply #1803 on: March 30, 2020, 10:19:45 AM »
Same from me, Bob
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Offline stevewalker

• Awards
« Reply #1804 on: March 30, 2020, 09:22:44 PM »
This morning my wife's uncle died suddenly. He'd been feeling ill with stomach cramps and one of his sons had travelled up to take him to Sligo General, where he had a massive heart attack.

To my wife, he was the most important and loved family member remaining in Ireland. Obviously we cannot attend the funeral and that is making it even worse for her. More importantly neither can one of his sons who is stuck in France.

Not only was he a well loved family member, well liked in the community, known by all as his wife used to run the local post-office (where they continued to live after it closed down), but also widely known throughout Ireland for his fiddle playing - he was performing only three weeks ago.

Under normal circumstances his funeral would have been absolutely huge, but instead there will be a handful.

Death is inevitable, but how cruel to die at this time.

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1805 on: March 30, 2020, 09:26:10 PM »
Steve. From us all. Our wishes, thoughts, prayers and condolences. Stay safe and happy memories. Sure the mods will agree.

Offline thebrighton

• N Gauge Society Number: 11588
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards
« Reply #1806 on: April 07, 2020, 12:06:00 PM »
So you paint and line 3 identical coaches and give them a top coat of varnish. 2 go as planned whilst the third decides that the lining transfers you applied will ruck up in numerous places. I could possibly understand if it was the last one to receive the lining in case they hadn't dried enough but it wasn't.
This hobby loves throwing curve balls.....

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1807 on: April 07, 2020, 04:21:27 PM »
Yup, been there. Not with carriage lining, thankfully, but with wagon transfers which was highly annoying, but not on your scale.
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline talisman56

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23209
    • Awards
« Reply #1808 on: April 07, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »
About a week before the lockdown muck hit the rotary air movement device, a long-planned and scheculed start was made on replacing our kitchen and converting part of our integral garage into a utility room and downstairs loo.

The work has progressed, to the stage where the floor is ready to receive its layer of tiles - only we can't get any as nobody will deliver them, they're only on shop sale or 'click and collect', neither of which are an option currently, so we are completely stymied.

We're not starving - we have microwave, soup maker and slow cooker available so as long as we can still wander down to the shops occasionally and get food to cook we're OK.

However, this morning, a slow leak in the mixer bar in the shower has got appreciably worse, so I went hunting for a replacement, and found one, and they can deliver - on 9 April!!

Bit of an update.

The builders have been in and out over the past week or so, and a stack of packs of floor tiles has appeared in the garage. All the plastering, and clean water plumbing has been done, and a hole has appeared in the garden ready for the waste water pipes to be plumbed into the sewer system. This morning, received a text from the site foreman saying that their insurance company has notified them that their insurance does not cover them for work in the current climate [referring them to a clause in the small print headed 'Pandemics'] so they are having to shut up shop for the forseeable future - nice!!!  >:(

The local plumbing supplies place has reopened on a limited basis and I was able to get a shower mixer bar to temporarily replace the existing one pro tem the arrival of the proper one this Thursday (hopefully!)...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:14:40 PM by talisman56, Reason: spelling... »
My inspiration - never let a setback get you down...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Online Skyline2uk

• Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #1809 on: April 26, 2020, 11:54:54 AM »
Sigh

Having a small child has its, erm, challenges as I am sure many of you are aware.

The lockdown is starting to bite in terms of “The Gremlin” getting bored. He is just at the age (16 and a bit months) were he notices he can’t do things and hates “no”.

That all aside yesterday was rough, even before he decided to finish his evening bottle and, well, spectacularly vomit over his room.

So there we were for nearly 2 hours cleaning floors (thank goodness I decided to have laminated flooring in my former train room), walls, door, rug, bookshelf, teddies, chair and books.

To his credit he was actually delighted to be awake and allowed to watch Thunderbirds Are Go (keep him amused with mum whilst I scrubbed) past bedtime.

However, he then decided to get up at 04:00 because he was hungry.

So completely out of sync and very tired today  :'(

Skyline2uk

Online Trainfish

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #1810 on: April 26, 2020, 12:21:03 PM »
Sigh

Having a small child has its, erm, challenges as I am sure many of you are aware.

The lockdown is starting to bite in terms of “The Gremlin” getting bored. He is just at the age (16 and a bit months) were he notices he can’t do things and hates “no”.

That all aside yesterday was rough, even before he decided to finish his evening bottle and, well, spectacularly vomit over his room.

So there we were for nearly 2 hours cleaning floors (thank goodness I decided to have laminated flooring in my former train room), walls, door, rug, bookshelf, teddies, chair and books.

To his credit he was actually delighted to be awake and allowed to watch Thunderbirds Are Go (keep him amused with mum whilst I scrubbed) past bedtime.

However, he then decided to get up at 04:00 because he was hungry.

So completely out of sync and very tired today  :'(

Skyline2uk

Sounds like a normal Saturday night to me  :doh:
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online Skyline2uk

• Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #1811 on: April 26, 2020, 12:26:17 PM »
 :laughabovepost:

I hope you clean your own vom John  :sick2:

Skyline2uk

Online Trainfish

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #1812 on: April 26, 2020, 01:23:09 PM »
:laughabovepost:

I hope you clean your own vom John  :sick2:

Skyline2uk

I'm sick of doing that to be honest  :(
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Offline Swindon69

• Awards
« Reply #1813 on: April 27, 2020, 08:23:50 AM »
Well it's going to be a rubbish day today - off to the crematorium for my Mother in Laws funeral - due to the lockdown there's only going to be three people there.

Offline steve836

• N Gauge Society Number: 22948
    • Awards
« Reply #1814 on: April 27, 2020, 09:59:39 AM »
My most sincere condolences.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00