!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Happy thread  (Read 268595 times)

Offline crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Happy thread
« Reply #3975 on: December 11, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »
bob

from us all our prayers and thoughts are with you and the family at this time. the next running session will be in 2019, hopefully

from us all at the forum

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #3976 on: December 13, 2018, 07:31:34 AM »
Joy!

As I write this the rain is bucketing down and we have thunder and lightning. Drought for us is a frequent reality (like this year so far) so rain is 100% welcome. The more the better. By lunchtime we had 44 mm - Bureau of Meteorology prediction was 25-40 mm. All too often they predict 20 mm and we get 5 mm.

In an interlude between storms this morning, I too the dog for a walk. She is a kelpie, a sheep dog, who tries to round up everything moving faster than walking pace - joggers, cyclists, motorised wheelchairs, cars. Consequently, due to the consternation of those being rounded up, she is almost always on a lead, but this morning I'm thinking that there should be no joggers about in what was at the time a light rain. So, I let her go. Almost immediately a jogger rounds the corner. Tilly does not damage the rounded up goods, but she can be a bit confronting if the rounded-upee is not used to dog behaviour. No harm done this morning.

Webbo
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:26:49 AM by Webbo »

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #3977 on: December 13, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »
 :laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

On Ya, Tilly!

Raining here too in Wollongong by the way. Thunder now and storms forecast tomorrow too.

Best wishes to you all for Christmas, Ian.  :thumbsup: :beers:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 07:48:42 AM by Bealman »
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #3978 on: December 13, 2018, 08:17:18 AM »
So just how many of these “joggers, cyclists, motorised wheelchairs“ do you now have in the pen in your back yard, Ian? :hmmm:

:D

Glad to hear that for today at least the drought is being kept at bay. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #3979 on: December 13, 2018, 10:38:52 AM »
Probably as many as our Border Collie rounds up..

Online joe cassidy

• Awards
« Reply #3980 on: December 13, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »
I'm happy because I found the bogie retaining screw from my Dapol Schools loco that I lost a few weeks ago.

I used a fridge magnet as a "fishing rod", pushing it around the track over the "4 foot".

It worked a treat - only took a few seconds to"hook" the screw.

Best regards,

Joe

Online joe cassidy

• Awards
« Reply #3981 on: December 13, 2018, 07:16:30 PM »
This afternoon the local council replaced my central heating boiler.

That makes 2 happy events in one day !

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3982 on: December 13, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »
I'm happy because I found the bogie retaining screw from my Dapol Schools loco that I lost a few weeks ago.

I used a fridge magnet as a "fishing rod", pushing it around the track over the "4 foot".

It worked a treat - only took a few seconds to"hook" the screw.

Best regards,

Joe

Genius idea Joe, will have to remember that!

Online railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #3983 on: Yesterday at 03:18:05 PM »
So, I had a day off today, which I would have liked to have used to do layouty things but instead spent on some hideously obscure self-training for job-related purposes (not mandated, and the content is not employer-specific and serves to improve my general employability), anyway so being an itinerant IT worker kind of cephalopod, I recently discovered a fast food establishment with free electricity (very important for us itinerant IT workers) had opened on the platform of a station not so far away on the outer loop line which is used by freight trains to bypass Tokyo, and believe me there are worse ways of spending one's day [1], anyway I happened to look up as something noisy rumbled past pulling some container wagons, and lo-and-behold it was the very distinctive form of an EF66-0 series, which is the classic late 1960's Japanese electric locomotive design, and this was one of the very small number (IIRC 2) of remaining examples and I never thought I'd see one in normal service again. So, with no further ado I got the next passenger train following it, in the vague hope of being able to pursue it, and by some miracle it was actually stopped at the next container yard along the line, and even managed to get a couple of photos (albeit only with my mobile phone camera) [2]

[1] in the windowless datacentre housing much of Japan's finance industry for example

[2] an EF66 on my layout, you get the impression:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:19:39 PM by railsquid »
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £317.00
Above Goal: £262.00
Site Currency: GBP
576% 
December Donations