!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 514400 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #6240 on: November 21, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »
Whilst being annoyed with the company, I must admit that the 'stupidity' of the situation is quite funny. I can understand the company being annoyed if my reference number was  not correct, as they then would have to find me in their system, but when  the sender uses my initial and correct surname, I can not understand what the problem is. Incidentally, prior to the new 'the name/address is wrong' labels, they used to put a sticker on asking me to, in future, put the correct name/address. Err ..... short of sending an email or something to every one who sends me something, how can I make sure the name/address is quoted correctly?  I am going to have a coffee, this subject is really starting to annoy me now!  ;)

Addit: Whilst drinking my coffee, I have sent off an email asking why my full name is acceptable, but an initial is not.  :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 06:48:39 PM by dannyboy, Reason: added a bit »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #6241 on: November 21, 2019, 09:33:05 PM »
Damned pedants ::)

Offline stevewalker

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #6242 on: November 21, 2019, 10:06:10 PM »
Why don't they simply make the reference number unique to the person, but include the Eircode of your local post-office as part of that reference number? That'd identify it as a package for you and tell An Post where to deliver it, all in one go!

Offline dannyboy

• Awards
« Reply #6243 on: November 21, 2019, 10:12:03 PM »
That is one of the things that is so annoying - the reference number IS unique to me!  >:(
David.

Offline stevewalker

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #6244 on: November 21, 2019, 10:34:56 PM »
I got that it was unique to you, however they presumably are using the (has to be perfect) address for delivery. If the Eircode of your chosen post-office was part of that unique id, then they could deliver it without any further information.

Offline dannyboy

• Awards
« Reply #6245 on: November 22, 2019, 12:11:13 PM »
I understand what you are saying Steve and, as every individual address in Ireland has a unique Eircode, what you say makes sense. However, I have already received a reply to my email and what they basically say is that they need the full name in case the reference number is not quoted correctly. It seems that I have to tell everyone when using 'AddressPal'  "please use the full name and AP number"!  ::)
David.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
December Donations

Advertise Here