!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 91479 times)

Offline stevewalker

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1335 on: Today at 12:37:18 AM »
I would insist that as it is a motherboard fault and not the moving parts that you cannot have misused it,

I think you make a good point there Malc.

... under the 12 months they should offer me a free repair or replacement. However here is the rub:-

The onus is on me to prove that I have not caused the fault due to misuse or mishandling of the 3D printer.

I think there is a bit more to that - "If you discover the fault within the first six months from delivery, it's presumed to have been there from the time you received it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise."
Thanks for the comment Steve, but I am not sure I agree with this line of reasoning. If you spend good money on a product that has a 12 month warranty, then the assumption must be that the manufacturer has confidence that , under normal use, the product will not fail during that 12 months warranty period. To suggest that a product cannot be deemed worthy of a warranty repair after 6 months of ownership cannot be correct in my opinion. It is surely not about whether the fault was deemed to be there from the beginning, but more about an assurance that the product you have acquired lasts the lifetime of the warranty.

Delboy

It is not that items are not worthy of warranty repair after 6 months - indeed you can claim for up to six years in many cases! It is simply that for the first six months, you don't have to prove anything. After that, you need to show that it was a manufacturing defect and not mis-treatment by you. You can go to a third party to produce a report and, if it shows that it was likely a fault from manufacture, you can get the item replaced or repaired AND be refunded the cost of the report.

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £325.00
Above Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
January Donations

Advertise Here