!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 107676 times)

Offline stevewalker

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1335 on: January 24, 2019, 12:37:18 AM »
I would insist that as it is a motherboard fault and not the moving parts that you cannot have misused it,

I think you make a good point there Malc.

... under the 12 months they should offer me a free repair or replacement. However here is the rub:-

The onus is on me to prove that I have not caused the fault due to misuse or mishandling of the 3D printer.

I think there is a bit more to that - "If you discover the fault within the first six months from delivery, it's presumed to have been there from the time you received it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise."
Thanks for the comment Steve, but I am not sure I agree with this line of reasoning. If you spend good money on a product that has a 12 month warranty, then the assumption must be that the manufacturer has confidence that , under normal use, the product will not fail during that 12 months warranty period. To suggest that a product cannot be deemed worthy of a warranty repair after 6 months of ownership cannot be correct in my opinion. It is surely not about whether the fault was deemed to be there from the beginning, but more about an assurance that the product you have acquired lasts the lifetime of the warranty.

Delboy

It is not that items are not worthy of warranty repair after 6 months - indeed you can claim for up to six years in many cases! It is simply that for the first six months, you don't have to prove anything. After that, you need to show that it was a manufacturing defect and not mis-treatment by you. You can go to a third party to produce a report and, if it shows that it was likely a fault from manufacture, you can get the item replaced or repaired AND be refunded the cost of the report.

Online Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #1336 on: January 24, 2019, 08:05:19 AM »
Hi Steve
Thanks for your clarification
I will consider my options and make a decision on the way forward
Delboy
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Online GroupC

• Awards
« Reply #1337 on: January 28, 2019, 04:21:22 PM »
Quite a few pages ago I posted that my friend had found out he has a brain tumour.

Since then it was diagnosed as the least bad sort, still needing surgery to remove however. He's now had another MRI and they told him it wasn't what they first thought. He's going in tomorrow for a 6-hour op to have it removed. All of this is awful enough but he apart from the initial "access" phase into his head, shall we say, he has to be awake for he whole operation.

Sort of puts stuff into perspective really and I cannot begin to imagine how his wife and family will be feeling tomorrow.

If anyone has 5 minutes spare tomorrow from about noon could they please send positive vibes towards Leeds General Infirmary. I would appreciate it greatly.

To refer to the above quote from me...

I went to see my friend today. His tumour which started as Grade 1, the least bad one, turned rapidly into a Grade 4, the absolute worst, hence the surgery I mentioned.

He got back home on New Year's Eve and starts chemo and radiotherapy this Thursday, for 6 weeks, to target the remaining parts of the tumour they were unable to remove during surgery. He told me the whole story of his last few weeks (incl Christmas in LGI) today and you really would not want to have been him!

Incredibly he looks really fit and well and you'd never guess what he's undergone, or what he still has to undergo, or that he even has anything at all wrong with him, from his outward persona, which is great, but of course he still has the cancer.

I'd like to say thanks, if I didn't before, to those who replied, read or even scanned over my initial post. We still need your help! From what he's said the NHS has been amazing (an overused word in society today, but here it is spot on) so huge thanks too, to all at LGI and the various labs which have dealt with him.

So... Keep fighting Peter!

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #1338 on: January 28, 2019, 04:55:09 PM »
Excellent news, GroupC and well done your pal and all the team at LGI.

A colleague had a quite similar experience some years back and came out of it 100% so all the very best for the next phase of treatment.

Well done you too for being obviously such a great friend.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #1339 on: January 28, 2019, 05:42:38 PM »
Best wishes to Peter and a  :thankyousign: to you @GroupC  for being a friend to him. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:07:26 PM by dannyboy, Reason: \'oops\' moment »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline paulprice

• Sadly Passed Away
    • Awards
« Reply #1340 on: January 28, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »
We are very lucky to have the NHS

Online Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #1341 on: January 28, 2019, 09:03:31 PM »
We are very lucky to have the NHS

As somebody who has not long became a father for the first time, ahmen to that!

@GroupC ; hears to your friends continued passage along a difficult road, but ultimately to recovery. He has a great friend in you and my positive thoughts!

Skyline2uk
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:04:33 PM by Skyline2uk »

Offline paulprice

• Sadly Passed Away
    • Awards
« Reply #1342 on: January 28, 2019, 09:07:12 PM »
The chaps at the NHS did not give up on me, and kept the fella with the scythe away from me on a few occasions

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1343 on: January 28, 2019, 09:47:06 PM »
The chaps at the NHS did not give up on me, and kept the fella with the scythe away from me on a few occasions

Likewise. I had nightmares for over a year afterwards but I won't hear a word said against the hands on ladies and gents of the NHS

Offline paulprice

• Sadly Passed Away
    • Awards
« Reply #1344 on: January 28, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »

Likewise. I had nightmares for over a year afterwards but I won't hear a word said against the hands on ladies and gents of the NHS
Nightmares for that long, its been just over two weeks since I got out and I'm having nightmares every night. I've not really slept since I got out

Offline daveg

• Awards
« Reply #1345 on: January 28, 2019, 09:57:36 PM »
About six years ago my kidneys stopped due, in the main, to quite nasty food poisoning.

Blues and twos to A&E, the main guy warned that I could be on dialysis forever.

Somehow and with a load of powerful meds, some weeks later I was sent home fully functional with the farewell of 'You're the best result we've had this year.'

Can't forget that and those that dug me out of a very deep hole.

Humbling.

Dave G

Offline daveg

• Awards
« Reply #1346 on: January 28, 2019, 09:59:28 PM »

Nightmares for that long, its been just over two weeks since I got out and I'm having nightmares every night. I've not really slept since I got out

Chin up, PP.

Promise it will get better.  ;)

Dave G

Offline paulprice

• Sadly Passed Away
    • Awards
« Reply #1347 on: January 28, 2019, 10:04:26 PM »

Chin up, PP.

Promise it will get better.  ;)

Dave G

Its getting better :) my wound is seeping less so it must be on the mend and I can get around the ground floor of the house pretty well :)

Offline JBQFC

• N Gauge Society Number: 9651
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #1348 on: January 29, 2019, 07:57:10 PM »
i have just lost a third friend in less than a year  two under 50 and one under 30  :(

Offline thebrighton

• N Gauge Society Number: 11588
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards
« Reply #1349 on: February 02, 2019, 12:28:01 PM »
Unhappy but lucky up until now. I've bought many a chassis from Japan and all have arrived with no issues. For the first time a 26.00 purchase has come to the attention of HM Customs and a 13.20 fee is due. I know an 8 chunk is RM's fee but in total it's over 50% of the cost of the item :(

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations

anything