!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 107870 times)

Offline austinbob

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1245 on: November 30, 2018, 12:28:45 PM »
Broke a tooth yesterday so this a.m. at the dentist to get it fixed.
£125 for 20 mins work. Not in Newport Nobby's expensive dental work price range, but, still the price of a new loco.
 :(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1246 on: November 30, 2018, 02:13:28 PM »
am I over-reacting ?

What(!)? Hardly. As you say, it could've played out with a much more disastrous end. Hopefully it is an isolated incident and the pharmacy will learn from it.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #1247 on: November 30, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »
@class37025 also, what happens if some other individual got your wife’s meds instead of the correct ones. Depending what they are, it could be fatal. You did the right thing in raising a complaint.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1248 on: November 30, 2018, 04:00:26 PM »
@class37025  Not over reacting at all. The results could have been catastrophic. It's OK for an old scrote like me who has been on meds long enough to spot such a thing straight away but for a relative newbie to prescriptions it's not so easy. It helps that I fill one of those pill dispenser thingies each week with flaps for each portion of the day so Id notice it before anything got to my gob (also helps me remember what day it is :-[ :))

@austinbob
Hope it wasn't your cooking causing the prob!

Offline snitchthebudgie

• 2mm Association Number: 4489
    • Awards
« Reply #1249 on: December 01, 2018, 10:16:33 AM »
No sure whether this belongs on the happy, unhappy, or angry thread.

I reached the milestone (millstone?) age of 65 today.  More time for modelling, perhaps, but a nasty reminder of the advancing years.  No doubt there will be a string of replies saying that I am a mere youngster, but it doesn't feel that way this morning.  :'(

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1250 on: December 01, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »
Sorry, you no longer qualify as a ‘youngster’. :no:

Welcome to the Worshipful Company of Old Gits. :beers:

We are legion, and we rule..... er....... um.........  :uneasy: .....  well, I knew what I was going to write a moment ago. :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #1251 on: December 01, 2018, 10:27:33 AM »
Sorry, you no longer qualify as a ‘youngster’. :no:

Welcome to the Worshipful Company of Old Gits. :beers:

We are legion, and we rule..... er....... um.........  :uneasy: .....  well, I knew what I was going to write a moment ago. :(

Snap!  :beers:  :claphappy:

Dave G

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1252 on: December 01, 2018, 10:41:02 AM »
 :toot: Happy Birthday @snitchthebudgie you curmudgeonly old git. ;) :D
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline snitchthebudgie

• 2mm Association Number: 4489
    • Awards
« Reply #1253 on: December 01, 2018, 10:43:31 AM »
Look, I may be an old git, but I'm still working on the curmudgeonly bit (I can barely spell it....)  :censored:

Offline Trainfish

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #1254 on: December 01, 2018, 11:21:53 AM »
Tried to book a GP appointment online today where you can currently book up to January 14th. Ideally I'd like one in the next 2 weeks as I seem to have an issue with my thumb and my neck (not that it's very interesting to others) and it's been getting worse by the day. How many slots do you think were available? None, not one! I could go to the GP on Monday (no point in phoning as by the time they answer I could walk there as it only takes 15 minutes) and ask for an appointment but their first question will be, "Is it an emergency?" I don't see it as an emergency or I would call 999 but plenty of people seem to abuse this question with a headache (sorry, people don't have headaches these days, according to them they usually have migraines) so I may just do this.
The point of this post though? Surely I should be able to book an appointment somewhere in those 6 weeks shouldn't I?
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #1255 on: December 01, 2018, 11:35:20 AM »
@Trainfish, if you are worried about your condition, dare I suggest you get to the surgery and say you're prepared to wait but need to see a doctor today.

I don't think any receptionist, unless medically qualified,  is permitted to make the judgement that that you cannot be seen by a doctor on an urgent basis.

More than understand the frustration and hope you get the help and advice you need.

Dave G

Offline Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1256 on: December 01, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »
Thanks @daveg. That's basically my plan for Monday. They don't actually make the judgement as to whether it is an emergency, they ask you if you think it is. Last time I told them I don't consider it an emergency (see previous 999 comment) but that it was probably more urgent than at least half the people in the waiting room at that time. She gave me an appointment for about an hour later if I remember correctly. The other annoying thing is that they also put up the statistics on how many missed appointments there were in the previous week and I don't think I've ever seen it less than 50. I believe people book appointments 'just in case' and then don't use them. In my eyes they should bring in the 3 strikes and you're out system for this.
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1257 on: December 01, 2018, 11:45:19 AM »
Looking at my GP's online booking system right now, the earliest appointment available is on Dec 14th if I select type: 'Routine'. If I select type: '2-3 Days ahead', the earliest is Jan 7th. If I call them (on Monday morning) I expect I could get an appointment for next week. :confused2:

I can normally get a phone appointment - a Doctor calls me back at an unspecified time - for the same day. Does your GP offer phone appointments John?

The other annoying thing is that they also put up the statistics on how many missed appointments there were in the previous week and I don't think I've ever seen it less than 50. I believe people book appointments 'just in case' and then don't use them. In my eyes they should bring in the 3 strikes and you're out system for this.

I think unless one misses an appointment due to ill health, there should be a penalty charge - say, £25.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 11:49:49 AM by RailGooner »

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1258 on: December 01, 2018, 11:52:31 AM »
This way the receptionists have of asking “is it urgent” always amuses me, as this implies some sort of diagnosing ability by the person seeking help.

And if my own habit, and that exhibited by many patients on Channel 5’s weekly visit to a GP practise is anything to go by, most patients, when initially asked by the Doctor, “How are you today?” will look on the positive side and answer “Fine, Doc”, even if subsequent examination proves they are anything but.

Here’s hoping you get seen on Monday. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Trainfish

• IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #1259 on: December 01, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »

I can normally get a phone appointment - a Doctor calls me back at an unspecified time - for the same day. Does your GP offer phone appointments John?

I think unless one misses an appointment due to ill health, there should be a penalty charge - say, £25.

I have had a 'telephone consultation' before for something else and this was followed by an actual appointment about a week later. I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure I will need to see a GP this time, I don't think it can be cured over the phone.

I partly agree regarding the missed appointment charge but at the same time I can see that being abused too. "I couldn't get there as I was too ill" etc. I don't know what the answer is but something needs to be done.
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations