!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Happy thread  (Read 357504 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Happy thread
« Reply #4335 on: November 27, 2019, 03:09:46 PM »
That is the second post I have read today talking about good service.  Good on that jeweller.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #4336 on: November 27, 2019, 03:30:51 PM »
Many years ago, my mother was down from the north for a few days. I noticed her cleaning the outside drain. I didn’t say anything, but found out a few months later that she had lost the diamond out of her wedding ring whilst washing up. If she’d said at the time, I could have checked the u bend. But still, I got the drain cleaned.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #4337 on: November 27, 2019, 04:07:05 PM »
Don't leave us hanging Malc! Was the gem ever found?
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4338 on: November 27, 2019, 04:24:24 PM »
Sapphire, so good.

(Yeah - I know. The engine's running right now)

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #4339 on: November 27, 2019, 04:29:03 PM »
Don't leave us hanging Malc! Was the gem ever found?
No she didn’t find it and by the time I found out that it was missing, several weeks had past.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #4340 on: November 27, 2019, 04:29:26 PM »
Sapphire, so good.

(Yeah - I know. The engine's running right now)

More like the engine's running 'light'!

These comments of yours are getting more jade'd the further we go!
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4341 on: November 27, 2019, 05:06:37 PM »
The sapphire in my wife's engagement ring popped out a few years ago, we'd been gardening and thought it was buried somewhere. Later the afternoon we'd lost it and spent hours desperately trying to find it, my then 6 year old daughter comes downstairs with a grin on her face, she'd found it on the floor in her room despite the fact the carpet was deep and blue!.. needless to say she got a nice reward (We took her out for a fancy supper and she got to order a Dessert too!)

G

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #4342 on: November 28, 2019, 01:25:42 PM »
Just saved myself £200 on my car insurance renewal so that's paid for my pair of 56xx locos :D

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #4343 on: November 28, 2019, 02:49:28 PM »
Nice one, Mick!  :thumbsup:

We did a similar yesterday when Admiral wanted £700+ for house and contents renewal after a sub £1K claim. Going to a More Than a well known alternative and honestly stating a claim was made, we saved over £300.

Insurance is getting to be a rip off business unless you shop around.

I wonder how these people think stupid renewal quotes will gain them business.

Dave G

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #4344 on: November 28, 2019, 03:11:54 PM »
I had a similar experience ten days ago. I received the house and contents renewal quote, had a look around at a couple of other insurance companies and then rang the insurance company. Result is that they virtually matched the cheapest quote I had found and I saved nearly €100.  :thumbsup: And the car insurance renewal is due in a couple of weeks so may have to have a repeat performance!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #4345 on: November 28, 2019, 03:25:48 PM »
'Customer Loyalty' isn't rewarded as it was some time back.

A returning customer used to be valued. It appears now that if you stick with a service provider/whatever you stand a good chance of being overcharged.

Shame really.

Dave G

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #4346 on: November 28, 2019, 03:52:41 PM »
Halifax sent me a renewal notice at the start of the month. The premium was up by 34% on last year. :o. (No claims made.)

I did the comparison sites trawl and came up with exactly the same cover for 45% less than the renewal price requested by Halifax.

And the supplier of this so much cheaper cover?

Halifax.  :goggleeyes:

It was rather apt that the comparison site that ‘found’ this low price was Confused, cos I certainly was. :doh:

Thankfully I always reject a renewal premium request out of hand, and always challenge it and usually get a discount on it, or change insurers.

‘Customer loyalty’ is meaningless these days when it comes to insurance.

Caveat emptor.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #4347 on: November 28, 2019, 08:23:37 PM »
As my current insurer is on automatic renewal I had to ring them to say I would not be renewing with them this year and they then tried everything to keep me with them such as 'loyalty bonus' which their underwriters would not be aware of. I just told them they should have offered me their best price in the first place and not rip me off for the higher premium. That made the guy cough a bit but still he tried to persuade me to stay with them. In the end I just asked what part of 'I'm not renewing' could he not understand and he said my paperwork inc NCB proof would be in the post in the next 4 days >:D
I'm looking forward to being on personal terms with Winston Wolf with enough savings to buy Morag's coffee :D

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #4348 on: November 28, 2019, 08:58:32 PM »
As my current insurer is on automatic renewal I had to ring them to say I would not be renewing with them this year and they then tried everything to keep me with them such as 'loyalty bonus' which their underwriters would not be aware of. I just told them they should have offered me their best price in the first place and not rip me off for the higher premium. That made the guy cough a bit but still he tried to persuade me to stay with them. In the end I just asked what part of 'I'm not renewing' could he not understand and he said my paperwork inc NCB proof would be in the post in the next 4 days >:D
I'm looking forward to being on personal terms with Winston Wolf with enough savings to buy Morag's coffee :D

Well said / done Nobby.

Actually it was “Mr Wolf’s” company that set me on a road of constant car insurance provider swopping a few years back, having previously been with them for a few years.

To be honest I have come to accept the annual trawl across the web to secure the best deal, these days all it takes is for a provider to “tweak” their algorithm and suddenly it seems they don’t want your custom.

FYI: It should be a simple matter of informing your new provider that you do not wish to auto-renew. That way they write to you with the renewal quote saying “unless you contact us your cover will lapse”.

Skyline2uk

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #4349 on: November 28, 2019, 09:18:29 PM »

FYI: It should be a simple matter of informing your new provider that you do not wish to auto-renew. That way they write to you with the renewal quote saying “unless you contact us your cover will lapse”.

Skyline2uk

I forgot that bit. I was asked whether I wanted auto renewal or not and said 'not'. When asked why I said I might have a fatal car crash and wouldn't like to think my insurance would be automatically renewed afterwards. To be fair, he did laugh and say that was the best reason he'd heard for a long time ;D

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal