!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 88818 times)

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1305 on: December 14, 2018, 08:03:30 AM »
Yes, all the best to all members who have had sadness recently.

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1306 on: December 14, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »
It's never good to get news like some of the posts but worse on the run up to what most folks look forward to - a break from work for a few days to celebrate the season. :(

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • Awards
« Reply #1307 on: December 17, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »
SWMBO dropped a repeat prescription for a couple of her meds in to the GP surgery last week.

phoned the pharmacy monday, got the prescription, but one item needs ordering, will be in tuesday.

phoned tuesday, all in so down there, collected bag of assorted meds, and headed home.

SWMBO opened bag ...

item 1. 2x right item  :thumbsup:
item 2. 2 x 'what the hell are these ?'  :'(

should have been 2 x 200mcg of one thing, but was 2 x 100mcg of something else. label correct, item wrong  >:(

back to pharmacy, collared pharmacist, and by now in full RAFP SNOWDROP 'YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN' mode..  :veryangry:

'don't know how that happened'

not the reply I was looking for !

'well I do. the person who picked the items didn't do their job, and the pharmacist who then checked the items didn't do theirs either. result my wife got wrong meds  :censored:'

he did then replace the items with the correct ones, and I left, carefully noting the grid reference of the pharmacy  >:D

but............
1. what if SWMBO was on her own, and didn't realise the mistake ?
2. what if the wrong meds had reacted with other meds she's on ?
3. how often is this mistake made, in spite of a supposed two person check system ?
4. presumably the wrong items cannot now be given to anyone else, so wastage at what cost ?

so.........

a few wee drams later, and a phone call to NHS England to raise a formal complaint.

now awaiting their response.

am I over-reacting ?

UPDATE
received a letter from NHS England [southeast] a few days later with a form for SWMBO and I to sign to allow them to request her records, talk to surgery, and to pharmacy, and to contact me on her behalf.

also received a phone call from the investigating officer, confirming that they take this very seriously, and will proceed as soon as form returned, which it has been.

good news is SWMBO had another repeat prescription a couple of days ago, to see her over Xmas and New Year [ took the trailer down to collect it  >:D :smiley-laughing: ] and all was correct.

we'll now see what happens in the New Year.
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £347.00
Above Goal: £292.00
Site Currency: GBP
631% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything