!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 112167 times)

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1590 on: September 10, 2019, 02:21:00 PM »
Errr, he will not be prosecuted  :goggleeyes: What about the Council if they were already aware?  ??? I would advise your friend to speak to a Solicitor - when he is well enough! Hope he continues to improve.

Absolutely and completely agree.

Whilst I am ready to mock “Ambulance Chasers”, this in no way falls into that category.

The council needs to be held accountable for this slapdash attitude.

It puts my cycle tire incidents very much in perspective.

I wish your friend @The Q well.

Skyline2uk

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1591 on: September 10, 2019, 02:41:52 PM »
If my brother-in-law can successfully sue the council for a BMW alloy wheel (£800) then I suggest your friend can do far better than that when he's feeling more up to it

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+33)
    • Awards
« Reply #1592 on: September 10, 2019, 04:52:49 PM »
unfortunately, round here the council only 'check' the roads once a year, apparently. this complies, according to them, with their responsibility to 'regularly' inspect roads.

the normal procedure, as I've seen it applied around here, is ignore checking roads, if some member of the public does their job for them and reports a pothole etc, then a few weeks or so later someone will go and spray a white line round it, assuming it 'meets their requirements for a repair'.

of course the paint is soon worn off, but presumably a photo is taken to prove they have marked the hazard.

then some time later a contractor will turn up, shovel some tarmac into the hole, back the lorry over it flatten it, and foxtrot oscar, job done.

of course by now what may have been a 6 inch round and 1 inch deep pothole is probably a couple of feet across and up to 3 or 4 inches deep.

and as soon as there is a bit of rain and a frost, the whole cycle starts again.

:censored: councils
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline The Q

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #1593 on: September 19, 2019, 07:20:58 AM »
Contrary to yesterdays post in the happy thread, my sailing compatriot didn't escape the hospital yesterday... He's caught an infection, he sounded very rough on the phone last night... Dangerous places these hospitals.. they make you sick...

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1594 on: September 19, 2019, 10:14:09 AM »
Yep. They won't let you in with an infection but are quite happy to let you out with one :unimpressed:

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £44.00
Below Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
80% 
September Donations

anything