Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

So you might see the Class 23. :D

TrevL

I've also heard that everyone has a finite number of heart beats, so look on the bright side, you now have some extras to add on at the end.
:claphappy:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

The Q

A wonderful days sailing,  race down river,  stop for lunch,  race back again,  bootiful sunny day. As a bonus we got a first and second in class too..

stevewalker

The recent strong winds ripped a section of aging felt off the shed roof, leaving the bare planks exposed. As it is on the far end of the far side of the  shed, it was invisible when approaching. Last night, I nipped out there to play trains do a bit of work and spotted a damp patch on the roof lining. The good news is that the water that had got in had been mainly diverted along the top of the insulation and only a little had reached the lining below and so no damage to either the lining or the layout  :claphappy: I re-felted it today.

Newportnobby

Phew, Steve. Glad you nipped that in the bud.
Hope you used stout fixings on the felt as we're in for another 'hoolie' today, I believe. :uneasy:

guest311

I've always felt it was worth while using felt adhesive to glue down the felt to the roof as well as nailing around the edges.

stevewalker

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 10, 2019, 10:20:57 AM
Phew, Steve. Glad you nipped that in the bud.
Hope you used stout fixings on the felt as we're in for another 'hoolie' today, I believe. :uneasy:

It's not going anywhere at the moment! I may cover it with a single EPDM sheet when I have the time, the weather and the money. The trouble is that the three rarely coincide.

Bealman

In light of the recent medical posts here, I'd like to say a public thank you to all members of the forum (and you know who you are) who posted their concern and best wishes either on the forum or by pm during my recent extended stay in hospital.

Rest assured they were very much appreciated, and lightened up days when depression set in. In all their wisdom, the doctors finally let me go on Thursday, and although I have a moon boot, on crutches and still in a lot of pain, it sure beats hospital!!

Once again a BIG thank you to you all.  :beers: :beers:

This great forum is more than just model railways, for sure.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

Good stuff George.

You can finally get back to the business of getting better. Mind you, your being in hospital did not seem to slow you down much posting wise.

Best wishes
Webbo

Graham

great to hear you are up and about, you will have to take a chair out to run your railway.
cheers
Graham

Bealman

Ian: Nothing much else to do, mate!

Graham: The layout is high enough to require a barstool!

daveg

Great news, George.

I know what a forced and extended stay can be like.

No more use for that poachers jacket to smuggle beer supplies in!

:pint:

Dave G

Bealman

Train Waiting

That's great news, George.

Are you allowed the 'Victoria Bitter' yet?

I heard that the brewers were on short-time...

All the very best for a 70019-fast recovery.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

port perran

That is really, really good new George  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:
Hopefully you are now wellon the road to full recovery.
Are you allowed down to the Club yet?  That moon boot will hold a fair few pints  :beers:
Happy Days.

Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations