!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 581109 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #6300 on: March 17, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »
I agree with Malc. I bought mine about four years ago after nearly being involved in two accidents in the space of two weeks due to other drivers aggressiveness or lack of attention. Fortunately, I have not needed it since  :), but, like insurance, it is something nice to have but you hope you never need it.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline themadhippy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #6301 on: March 17, 2020, 01:18:07 PM »
once you get a dash cam you realise 1 aint enough and you invest in a rear camera as well,saved us when a cyclist  reconed we'd pulled out infront of him,the footage of him swerving to dodge the traffic and riding straight into the back of the van.

Offline Papyrus

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #6302 on: March 17, 2020, 08:55:14 PM »
I'm a mild-mannered person who doesn't tend to trouble this thread much, but I am feeling slightly dischuffed tonight...

In view of likely difficulties getting out to the shops in the next few weeks we decided to put my wife's son on our car insurance as he doesn't have a car at the moment and it might come in useful. The online amendment went easily enough and the premium went up by £50 which wasn't a surprise. What did get my goat was the £25 'administration charge'. Excuse me? Who was the one who did all the administration? Twiddling the mouse and tapping the keys? I got the confirmation of the extra driver in about a minute, and the updated insurance certificate was available immediately. It was obviously all done without any human intervention whatsoever, so what was the £25 charge for? I calculate the insurance company's computer must get paid at the rate of about £1500 an hour! For doing sod all...

I don't think I will be renewing with them next time.  :veryangry:

Cheers,

Chris
"Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."  Groucho Marx

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #6303 on: March 17, 2020, 09:01:04 PM »
@Papyrus I would be inclined to write or email the company, asking them to justify the 'administration charge' before you think about the next renewal - they might get the message.
David.

Offline Papyrus

• Awards
« Reply #6304 on: March 17, 2020, 09:15:26 PM »
That is a very good point @dannyboy  and one which had very briefly flitted through my mind and out the other side.

I might very well do that.

Cheers,

Chris
"Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."  Groucho Marx

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #6305 on: March 17, 2020, 09:34:12 PM »
@Papyrus

That would get me into this thread as well.

For what itís worth, one reason I am currently in my third year with Aviva as my car insurer is that they donít do that sort of stuff.

When I got the new Skyline wheels I was mid-term and called them up to change the motor. I fully expected a charge of some sort in addition to a premium increase (bigger car, more power).

So when the nice lady said ď£16.00Ē I kept quiet thinking it would be followed by the premium increase, but nothing came!

So I can recommend Aviva if your current lot donít see the error of their ways.

Of course if it is Aviva that have done this to you I shall look a prize berk and leave with my tail between my legs.....

Skyline2uk

Offline Papyrus

• Awards
« Reply #6306 on: March 18, 2020, 11:49:15 AM »
I wasn't going to name and shame them, but, what the heck, it was the RAC, who I've always had a good opinion of up to now.

Thanks for the recommendation on Aviva. I will at least get a quote from them next time.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline TrevL

• N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
« Reply #6307 on: March 20, 2020, 05:41:51 AM »
Yes, I can concur with @Skyline2uk, I'm with Quote Me Happy, Aviva's online only service.  Just changed my car with over three months to go on the policy, and they have charged me the princely sum of £5.16.  I must say I was pleasantly surprized.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #6308 on: March 21, 2020, 06:30:58 PM »
Canít say what I really feel about this as this is a Family Forum:

Suffice to say  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51988877
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+36)
    • Awards
« Reply #6309 on: March 21, 2020, 06:37:04 PM »
"If officers see specified businesses open, they will remind them of the government advice."

what ?

no wonder there is little or no respect for the police, or their 'managers'

it was announced clearly last night that pubs / clubs / cafes / etc should close, except for take away service

so if a cafe is open in contradiction of this, the owners should not be 'reminded', but cuffed and stuffed, in the back of a squad car, booked and prosecuted.
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #6310 on: March 21, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »
The only snag is that, unless/until the necessary laws are passed, business - and the general population - can not be prosecuted for failing to heed advice. If I had my way, all this advice would be mandatory, with heavy fines, (and no government handouts), for people who selfishly disregard the advice given.
David.

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #6311 on: March 21, 2020, 07:31:48 PM »
Canít say what I really feel about this as this is a Family Forum:

Suffice to say  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51988877

And they will be the first to bleat about catching the virus or the government not doing enough for them or not paying them enough benefits, someone wipe my nose/arse with all the TP I have panic bought.
Sadly many good people will be lost because of these selfish snowflakes, makes me sick.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #6312 on: March 21, 2020, 08:57:10 PM »
Just another example of lack of respect for the safety of others - appalling :veryangry:

Offline thebrighton

• N Gauge Society Number: 11588
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards
« Reply #6313 on: March 21, 2020, 09:26:24 PM »
The National Trust have posted on social media to tell people not to visit Glynde Gap or Devils Dyke down in Sussex as today saw a record number of visitors. With these levels of shear stupidity or total disregard for anyone else we don't stand a chance. It's embarrassing being being part of the human race at the moment.

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #6314 on: March 21, 2020, 09:31:05 PM »
I canít really express just how incensed I am by this selfish, stupid and unforgivable behaviour.
Up to now I have been able to assimilate the spread of this virus through our World in a rational and considered manner. I have absorbed and understood itís effects and implications, and I have known for weeks that the only way for me and my family and friends to survive is to take heed of the advice given by those who know far more than I about how to manage, as best we can, the pestilence.

This morning I was acutely aware that the daily World death toll was inexorably rising, and at an ever faster rate. A few days ago there were, for the first time, just over 1000 deaths in a 24 hour period. The next day it was higher. The day after that higher still. With a few hours (GMT) left to this day, there have already been just over 1600 deaths, almost half of them in one country, Italy, alone.

This afternoon I read the news that I have given a link to above. It is not the only example of what is described that can be found.

Now I have a new perspective upon the World situation.

Yes, the virus is the agent that continues to scour the population, but the principle method of its transmission is through human to human contact.

By the action of those who evidently wish to ignore informed wisdom and flout the request to minimise that contact, through social distancing (or as the WHO now prefer to call it, physical distancing) it is now quite reasonable for me to say.....

People are killing people.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal