Would You Be Interested In An NGF 10 Year Wagon/Van? - available now!,

Started by Tank, January 01, 2021, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firstone18

To all NGF 10 wagon owners, or potential owners:
I am compiling a spreadsheet of wagon numbers, forum names of owners, and location.
It is nothing complicated, as I'm not a XL whizz-kid!
If there is any interest I could post it on the forum at some point if all the moderators are in agreement with this.
I could also email it directly to anyone interested.
If someone knows how many have been ordered, and if the numbers are running sequentially, this information would help me; there seem to be gaps in the number sequence so far.
I'm waiting for my train shed to warm up a bit so I can go and run a few trains, and I've just got a SPROG so want to try it out with Decoder Pro.
Cheers
Keith
NGS 21472
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

dannyboy

@Firstone18
I get the impression Keith, from the information already posted, that the numbers were allocated to members, as and when the order was received, as I know mine was one of the first orders and I received 017 and 018. Then The Wagon Yard, by whatever method, produced the wagons and numbered them - maybe not necessarily in the order the orders were received. You then have the Postal service for different countries, (in my case, Royal Mail and An Post), to take into account, thereby giving you the gaps in the number sequence. It is just a theory of mine though.  :hmmm:. It will certainly be interesting to see just where the wagons end up.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Train Waiting

Hello Keith

Numbers 045 and 046 are on my Poppingham layout, just south of Edinburgh.  I hope this is helpful to fill in a couple of your gaps.

With best wishes

John

@Firstone18
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

TrevL

Quote from: Firstone18 on December 02, 2021, 09:48:25 AM
I am compiling a spreadsheet of wagon numbers, forum names of owners, and location.
If there is any interest I could post it on the forum at some point if all the moderators are in agreement with this.
If someone knows how many have been ordered, and if the numbers are running sequentially, this information would help me; there seem to be gaps in the number sequence so far.
I'm waiting for my train shed to warm up a bit so I can go and run a few trains, and I've just got a SPROG so want to try it out with Decoder Pro.
Cheers
Keith
NGS 21472

I'm not 100% certain on this, but if you're using Excel for your spreadsheet, but you will not be able to post it on here unless you make an image of it.  I tried about a year ago for something else, and there was no way of doing it, probably because Excel is an actual program.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

The excel sheet could be made a pic from a screen grab or converted to a pdf and attached to a post using the 'Attachments and other options' facility

Firstone18

In response to post #342, Yes there is one 3 wagon owner on my spreadsheet; see post #357.
I think I've worked out how to get a pdf of the spreadsheet, so when I get to close to 50 wagon numbers I'll post it on the forum.
Cheers
Keith
NGS 21472
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Shropshire Lad

Tank

Quote from: Firstone18 on December 02, 2021, 09:48:25 AM
Cheers
Keith
NGS 21472

There are roughly 140 sold so far.  I won't say who has ordered them, as it's up to each person to own up!  ;)   ;D  I would ask that if you were to publish the information that you double check that each person is happy with that.  Thanks. :thumbsup:

Hightower

Pjlons83

I just posted this on my Christmas layout construction thread but I thought I should share it here too as it's somewhat topical  :D

Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Tank

Bob Tidbury

I have just looked at the numbers on my two wagons and  they are 3 and 4.
So they can go on the Map as High Wycombe .
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on December 04, 2021, 02:45:57 PM
I have just looked at the numbers on my two wagons and  they are 3 and 4.

For some reason they all seem to have the number '10' on them :dunce:

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

SD35

It occurred to me at work yesterday whilst looking at the modules stacking up in the yard for HS2 Colne Valley Viaduct, that if I took some Kato track, motive power and the NGF wagons and set them up on the beams we could possibly claim the NGF ran the first train on HS2.

:hmmm:

I'll see what the weather is like during the week leading up to christmas.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations