The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikeracer

Makes me angry when I'm looking in Ebay or any other online site and the picture has a caption saying "click to enlarge" and all that happens is the same size picture appears in a new window.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

tgv_obsessed

Quote from: MinZaPint on April 13, 2012, 04:57:03 PM
Quote from: tgv_obsessed on April 13, 2012, 02:53:42 PM

Naturally this is all a bit TONGUE IN CHEEK!!

Now I see where You get the "Obsessed" from TGV  :smiley-laughing:  :wave:

I know I know, but imagine- flying doesnt put anyone in a good mood and then having to listen to them announcing a list of prices, so that the word euro is repeated again and again and again and again

pure torture
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

scotsoft

Quote from: Bikeracer on April 13, 2012, 05:09:43 PM
Makes me angry when I'm looking in Ebay or any other online site and the picture has a caption saying "click to enlarge" and all that happens is the same size picture appears in a new window.

Allan

That also niggles me, I usually end up saying "words" to the screen  >:(  :computerangry:  :evil:

EtchedPixels

You mean like "5 pound" 8)

Allow me to make you more annoyed. The official plural is "euro". I refer you to

EU Publication 6336 'Spelling of the words "euro" and "cent"'

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

tgv_obsessed

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 13, 2012, 05:48:41 PM

Allow me to make you more annoyed. The official plural is "euro". I refer you to

I am now apoplectic with rage and will need a full quota of friday beer to calm down!
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

galway

Quote from: tgv_obsessed on April 13, 2012, 05:55:44 PM

I am now apoplectic with rage and will need a full quota of friday beer to calm down!

Hopefully you'll be purchasing said beer with pounds/pound
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

scotsoft

Should that not be "Friday beers"?

tgv_obsessed

Quote from: scotsoft on April 13, 2012, 06:03:35 PM

Should that not be "Friday beers"?

not sure- try it with cheese and cheeses - the s suggests many different kinds, whereas with beer I like to stick to the same one all night.

which probably buggers up my whole point about the s on the end of euro!!!

MinZaPint

Quote from: scotsoft on April 13, 2012, 05:25:09 PM

That also niggles me, I usually end up saying "words" to the screen  >:(  :computerangry:  :evil:

A guy my wife works with, not the most tollerant of men, insisted on having one of these phones you can talk to! He told the phone what he thought of it and back came the reply "No profanities if you please"  :smiley-laughing:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Kipper

Thanks to my recent radioactive iodine treatment, my immune system is shot and I have somehow managed to catch flu. Sore throat, cough, aches and pains, etc, good some days and rubbish others. Hope it is just "man flu", but it's something I could do without.

Newportnobby

Crikey Kipper - you certainly are going through the mill at the moment.
Hope you can shake that bug off quickly :wave:

MinZaPint

Sorry to hear of your problems Kipper but brought to mind a conversation between my wife and mother in law "David's not well", "Oh man flu I suppose", "No he's ill he's not drinking" Still love her!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Mustermark

Quote from: MinZaPint on April 13, 2012, 08:41:14 PM
A guy my wife works with, not the most tollerant of men, insisted on having one of these phones you can talk to! He told the phone what he thought of it and back came the reply "No profanities if you please"  :smiley-laughing:

You can be very tolerant of almost anything, and Siri (for that is the iPhone lady's name) will drive you to cursing the air blue.  You will end up telling her that she has no real purpose and is a waste of silicon and germanium in no uncertain terms.  That is not Apple's best user interface!

Ask her what she's wearing though, and she will reply variously...

"I'm not that kind of assistant, Mark", or
"Aluminosilicate glass and stainless steel, nice, huh?"
"Why do people keep asking me this".

There are some very funny mix ups too... check out www.whysiriwhy.com to see just how bad this virtual assistant can be.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

moogle

Quote from: Mustermark on April 13, 2012, 10:35:26 PM
Quote from: MinZaPint on April 13, 2012, 08:41:14 PM

You can be very tolerant of almost anything, and Siri (for that is the iPhone lady's name) will drive you to cursing the air blue.  You will end up telling her that she has no real purpose and is a waste of silicon and germanium in no uncertain terms.  That is not Apple's best user interface!

Ask her what she's wearing though, and she will reply variously...

"I'm not that kind of assistant, Mark", or
"Aluminosilicate glass and stainless steel, nice, huh?"
"Why do people keep asking me this".

There are some very funny mix ups too... check out www.whysiriwhy.com to see just how bad this virtual assistant can be.

Beware of Siri!

Psycho Siri  ;)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Joe 90

What on earth is happening to the quality of driving nowadays?

Does no-one know how to use their indicators on their cars anymore or do they not realise they have them fitted?!
The amount of times drivers suddenly slow up for apparently no reason then veer off into another street or road with no indication or anything. As for roundabouts.....who knows which exit they're going to use?

When I start my revolution they'll be first up against the wall. No cigarette or anything.. ;)

Gosh......that was therapeutic.........

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations