!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.  (Read 612818 times)

Offline Dizz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26050
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.
« Reply #4485 on: December 14, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »
IN the December issue of Model Rail Magazine there was a "How to" article covering the conversion of a OO brake van into a Road Van.  I had never heard of a Road Van before, but the GWR used them so I thought one would fit in nicely on my layout. 
Last week I nabbed a second hand GF Toad on e-bay for £4.20.  I drew up some doors and strengthening formers in ACAD the cut them from 0.8 and 1.6mm plywood on my laser cutter. 

Panel cut away with a razor saw, edges cleaned up. The "planked" backing overlaps the opening by 2mm each side with the inverted v laminated on top.

I broke one of the roof support rails when I levered off the roof, replaced with a bit of plastic strip.  Plywood door painted with Humbrol Dark Grey wash which seems to be a reasonable match to the naked eye, not obvious at all like it is with the camera/flash combination.  I will weather it next time I have a general stock weathering session.

I'm rather pleased with the result.

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #4486 on: December 14, 2018, 11:37:27 PM »
Very nice job. A prototype that's new to me, so double nice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Dizz

• N Gauge Society Number: 26050
    • Awards
« Reply #4487 on: December 16, 2018, 10:18:21 PM »
Very nice job. A prototype that's new to me, so double nice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
To me it seems like a very sensible thing to do: use the additional space in the brake van for revenue earning goods.
I must admit to being surprised how easy and quick it was to achieve the conversion.  Am now encouraged to tackle other projects.........if I can find any!!  :)

Offline GroupC

• Awards
« Reply #4488 on: December 22, 2018, 04:17:09 PM »
Just received four blue and grey Mk2 coaches which I found on ebay mere minutes after they'd been listed at a bargain buy-it-now price of only 50 quid... snapped up, very happy!

This also qualifies in the "Christmas presents to self" thread as I won't get anything else nearly as good, or that I want as much, come The Great Day.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4489 on: December 22, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »
Excellent price, and all that bubble wrap to pop as well :D

Online Atso

• Awards
« Reply #4490 on: December 25, 2018, 10:20:44 AM »
I am very lucky to have a very understanding and tolerant girlfriend!  :claphappy:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
« Reply #4491 on: December 25, 2018, 11:35:52 AM »
So she got the Orange and you got the kits?

Seems reasonable to me!

A happy Christmas to all our members
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/350436414753212039/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Offline Pjlons83

• Awards
« Reply #4492 on: December 25, 2018, 05:01:53 PM »
Well I’d love to show you what my latest acquisition but received one model related gift and it was “narrow gauge” n scale.... so no use at all. Lovely thought though! Fingers crossed that guagemaster will allow me a swap!

Merry Christmas everyone!  :beers:
Gold Hill - my rule 1, “just for fun” micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Offline Dickydcc

• Awards
« Reply #4493 on: December 25, 2018, 08:10:15 PM »

Whilst Thetford Road us partially packed here's some of my Christmas presents

Offline D803Albion

• Awards
« Reply #4494 on: December 31, 2018, 08:25:18 PM »

A Dapol class 22 was my latest purchase.  Seen here on my working Diorama.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:27:00 PM by D803Albion »

Offline JimSan

• Really need more sleep
    • Awards
« Reply #4495 on: January 04, 2019, 01:24:38 PM »
Have finally gotten myself a second Mk1 CK in Green which didn't set me back £62 (like the last one which I attempted to get on a particular site), and also picked up another Green BSK as well.
For anyone else looking for the elusive Green Mk1 CKs, Plus Daughters still seem to have a few left, came across their website from another post on here and was surprised when they had them in stock!

Now to get round to either buying more wagons, more locos than I ever need or if I'm feeling adventurous, I might do some more work on the layout instead.
Also hope everyone had a nice New Years.

Offline exmouthcraig

• Awards
« Reply #4496 on: January 05, 2019, 01:21:56 PM »

Well technically a foreigner to SR Modellers but a few did appear on our part of the network. When I found photographic evidence of such i set about to find one.

Hattons came up trumps DCC ready 57xx for £72, quick phone Call to my dad, it's meant to be a joint venture!! He said if we're going for accuracy we needed it and it was ordered.

Hattons and Yodel once again showing how great they can be because within less then 36hours it was in my hands!!

Quick drop of oil and she will be off to the test oval before renumbering and chipping ready to earn her living!!

Offline talisman56

• N Gauge Society Number: 23209
    • Awards
« Reply #4497 on: January 05, 2019, 04:41:51 PM »
Have finally gotten myself a second Mk1 CK in Green which didn't set me back £62 (like the last one which I attempted to get on a particular site), and also picked up another Green BSK as well.
For anyone else looking for the elusive Green Mk1 CKs, Plus Daughters still seem to have a few left, came across their website from another post on here and was surprised when they had them in stock!

Now to get round to either buying more wagons, more locos than I ever need or if I'm feeling adventurous, I might do some more work on the layout instead.
Also hope everyone had a nice New Years.

I must admit to having multiple Green Mk1s of various types, so I'm glad you have managed to get a CK. And located a source for those of us who want even more...  >:D

The modeller's constant worry. Do I get enough locos for the layout, or build the layout for all the locos I'll ever need?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:43:16 PM by talisman56 »
My inspiration - never let a setback get you down...

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4498 on: January 05, 2019, 05:02:40 PM »
I never realised they were elusive :dunce:
I've just the one - 374-259A

Offline JimSan

• Really need more sleep
    • Awards
« Reply #4499 on: January 05, 2019, 09:19:15 PM »
I must admit to having multiple Green Mk1s of various types, so I'm glad you have managed to get a CK. And located a source for those of us who want even more...  >:D

The modeller's constant worry. Do I get enough locos for the layout, or build the layout for all the locos I'll ever need?

Think I'll try and get my small practice layout working at least, most of the bits are finally arriving and it'll give me something to do till the Class 73 comes out (hopefully anyway), I'll get the wagons next month.
And in my case it's mostly getting things for the layout I've yet to have enough room to build yet.

I never realised they were elusive :dunce:
I've just the one - 374-259A

On eBay I've only ever seen three of the updated version, not including the store above all other online stores either don't list them or have them out of stock, checking in with pre-owned as well to be sure.
But I've got all the Mk1s I'll ever need, might need another Pullman but only other coaches I need aren't in RTR as of yet.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here