!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: what are people doing on their layout right now  (Read 382052 times)

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: what are people doing on their layout right now
« Reply #2940 on: April 05, 2020, 03:51:12 PM »

Bovington Museum would like as many tanks, Andy :goggleeyes:

Online texhorse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3953
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2941 on: April 05, 2020, 06:24:46 PM »
I've had a full day on the layout today!  I laid the two sidings in the corn syrup facility, then the switch into the stabling point and the headshunt. 

I've made a speed limit sign and installed it, together with sidewalks on the road bridge.  I've also painted a two dimensional road on my backdrop where the road disappears and put a crash barrier along the edge.

Andy
UK
Stay Safe My Friends
Montrose and Highland Railroad

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #2942 on: April 05, 2020, 06:55:00 PM »
Making a war memorial, it's a tall Celtic cross.

Varnishing rocks and cuttings trying to give a wet look.

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2943 on: Yesterday at 02:43:50 PM »
Swapped out another iffy small point for a large curved one. Took me less than a of the time it took me yesterday and I now have Up and Down trains running through the fiddle yards and round to the front of the layout :D

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #2944 on: Yesterday at 02:48:01 PM »
Thanks to @DarrwestLU6 for sorting a piece of wire with two tags and that have secured onto the back of the H& M  , wiring up soldering to fishplates and onto the track then another two soldered onto Ditton. And track pinning .

Offline chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #2945 on: Yesterday at 04:22:18 PM »
I've started ballasting Broughton now. Over the last few days I've done the point rodding, level crossing, porters' crossing and barrow crossing decks, plus infilled the larger areas of ground between the tracks with a layer of card sprinkled with the ballast material (chinchilla bathing dust) ready for the dry ballasting to be (hopefully) nicely blended with the edges to give a fairly flat, level, continuous texture surface.
I did the first couple of sections of dry ballasting this morning and treated them with the dilute PVA - looking pretty reasonable but I ain't prodding it too hard until it's had plenty of time to set.

Offline OffshoreAlan

• N Gauge Society Number: 26950
    • Awards
« Reply #2946 on: Yesterday at 04:33:06 PM »
Sorting out wiring for Cab Control (DC of course, 2 controllers, 4 cabs). It took me months to grasp the principle, but then when it clicked it all seemed so simple - my "learning" ability seems to have atrophied with age. I've got UP and DOWN cabs working, now addressing sidings and fiddle yard.

Offline springwood

• Awards
« Reply #2947 on: Yesterday at 05:38:50 PM »
Sorting out wiring for Cab Control (DC of course, 2 controllers, 4 cabs).

Hi OffshoreAlan, immediately interested to see you are creating 4 cabs (with 2 controllers) on dc wiring...exactly what I have set up on my debut layout (Springwood - see other threads). Briefly, my layout roughly splits into UP and DOWN mainlines, a branch line and a TMD. No one cab is 'dedicated' to a particular section/block of the layout, as I have 4 rotary switches, one for each section. In theory, Cab1 can run a train in any of the 4 sections and ditto the other 3 cabs, but I do have on/off master switches governing the final output to the track to prevent one cab inadvertantly trying to take control of the same section. Works fine - happy to discuss further with you!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £30.00
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal