Would You Be Interested In An NGF 10 Year Wagon/Van? - available now!,

Started by Tank, January 01, 2021, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy L S

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on November 26, 2021, 04:36:22 PM
Update:

57 have so far been sent out, which I think is very impressive.

I'll push for any more sales in a couple of weeks, so that Mark catch up.

I just hope supplies of the base wagon are up to the job

Pjlons83

Hi all, just curious; What type of wagon are these based on? Not sure if I'm using the right term (and sorry; I haven't read all 21 pages!) but if I wanted a rake of wagons of which this was one of; what wagon should I be looking for?

I hope that makes sense. Thank you.
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

PLD

The base model is the standard Dapol BR 21t steel bodied mineral wagon. Frequently used for loco coal and block trains for large industrial users, but could also be found in general coal traffic mixed in with other coal wagons of varying styles and vintage.

Tank

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 26, 2021, 08:50:36 PM
I just hope supplies of the base wagon are up to the job

Dapol have told us that they're happy to keep working over the Christmas break to keep up with demand!  ;D  But seriously, yes, The Wagon Yard have plenty of stock.  I believe that the rest of the orders have already been primed, ready for the next stage. :thumbsup:

Firstone18

Is there is any interest in a database of where the wagons have gone, just country and approximate location by wagon number? I am willing to create an XL spreadsheet if the data protection rules allow this. Perhaps one of the forum moderators can advise on this please?
Cheers
Keith
NGS 21472
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

I would be interested to find out where my 2 are right now.

Only kidding Tank, I'm not that impatient. Maybe they will arrive with my Hunslet...........

EDIT: Hunslet just arrived so at least it will be run in by the time my wagons get to me.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Tank

;D  Glad you were joking!  As I was reading the first sentence I was thinking of a polite answer...!!!   :smiley-laughing:  Nice wind up.

Pjlons83

Quote from: dannyboy on November 27, 2021, 12:30:19 PM
I would be interested to see where wagons have ended up.

Yeah it does sound interesting. And a red dot on the map for each one would be an interesting visual too.
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

GAD

I ordered mine on the 9th, and was getting a little concerned that it hadn't turned up yet. Apparently there's a 28 day turnover on them. This may stop the Wagon Yard being pestered by impatient beggars like me.

Papyrus

My order went in on the 6th, so I'm hoping I might hear something next week...

Cheers,

Chris

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: dannyboy on November 27, 2021, 12:30:19 PM
I would be interested to see where wagons have ended up.

:bounce:
:claphappy: 3 arrived at Hayling today to a very pleased customer.

dannyboy

Just for info' - my order for two went in on the 5th and I received the email telling me they had been dispatched on the 25th, so hopefully I will have them sometime next week, (depending on Irish Customs and the inevitable demand for VAT!!).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

mickeyflinn

My two were ordered on the 5th November and have just been delivered.
Mine have numbers 40 & 41 on the underside and they look really smart. Well done @Tank and The Wagon Yard.
Just waiting for my Hunslet now.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations