Would You Be Interested In An NGF 10 Year Wagon/Van? - available now!,

Started by Tank, January 01, 2021, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: dannyboy on September 10, 2021, 10:20:44 AM
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on September 10, 2021, 10:14:33 AM
Who and how do we pay for our wagon.Can you post information please  Tank .

And will there be a restriction on how many forumites can buy? I would be looking for two, but would be quite happy to just have the one if that is the fair way to do it.

Don't worry, I'll announce when they are available and how much nearer the time.

At the moment, I can't see any problem with members buying as many as they like.  I will simply order another batch.  But, I'll confirm in a couple of weeks.  What I will do is put a time limit on the sales, so that these aren't available for years to come!  :D  Probably a couple of months availability, so that they are something special.

Trainfish

Quote from: daffy on September 10, 2021, 08:36:54 AM

But this morning, Bonhams, who had given a pre-sale estimate of £750.00, announced that an unknown buyer has, after a tense and exciting auction, paid the world record price of £2.7 Million.

That's nothing, you should see what AntiqueToys are charging on eBay!  :goggleeyes:
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

njee20

Yeah, but the AntiqueToys ones will no doubt be painted by CJM!

javlinfaw7

Quote from: njee20 on September 10, 2021, 01:07:39 PM
Yeah, but the AntiqueToys ones will no doubt be painted by CJM!
You missed rare and kit built

Airfix 27 RA

Just read this thread for the first time.
I'll have one, as to what some people have said about running it.
Where is the problem, you can run whatever you want on your layout, I do!!.
Old Hippies never die, we just float away.
Have a cup of tea.

Tank

Update:  Just waiting for the manufacturer to get back to me with the final draft.  Then they will create a model for me to inspect and sign off.  I can't wait!

emjaybee

It'll be nice to have a new bit of rolling stock that doesn't, hopefully, involve selling a kidney.

:D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Tank

What do you think of this?  Available to purchase very soon, once approved.  :) 

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Tank

Thanks TrevL.  Don't worry, when it goes live I'll pop the link up for where to buy them from.  If they sell out I'll try and organise another batch.

mwalker554

That's fantastic! Put me down for two (or one if oversubscribed!) please Chris.

Bob Tidbury

Put my name down for two possibly three depending on the price .
I dont mind the colour as some members I see are complaining about ,as I thought the whole idea of a Forum wagon was to run it on a layout to promote the Forum and get even more members to this helpful friendly FORUM .
THANKYOU Tank for bringing us all together to enjoy our hobby .
Bob Tidbury

Roy L S

Looks great, and while some including me would have preferred bauxite, I get that this is the NGF's colours and I will definitely have one to be found lurking in a siding pending return to the well known mineral distributor "Northern Granite Forwarders"  :D

:thankyousign:

Roy

zwilnik

Quote from: Roy L S on October 30, 2021, 09:50:14 AM
Looks great, and while some including me would have preferred bauxite, I get that this is the NGF's colours and I will definitely have one to be found lurking in a siding pending return to the well known mineral distributor "Northern Granite Forwarders"  :D

Roy

As I mentioned on the thread on the website of books made of faces (or some other word with similar spelling), the colour isn't that far off what the NCB wagons were painted on the pit lines around Newcastle. Tanfield and Bowes railways for example.

I'll definitely be nabbing a couple.

Train Waiting

Quote from: Roy L S on October 30, 2021, 09:50:14 AM

Roy

Yes, thank you indeed.  A splendid wagon.  I expect the wags, various, at the Table-Top Railway will refer to it as the 'Not Going Far' wagon.

Thanks again and best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%