!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 160830 times)

Offline Philip.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27332
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1650 on: November 09, 2019, 04:45:35 PM »
Caught my first cold in ages, runny nose, cough, sore throat, headache, the lot  :'( can't even blame the kids, they've left home  ;D
Be careful whose toes you step on, they might be attached to the foot that kicks your backside in the future!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1651 on: November 09, 2019, 08:46:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that but blame the kids anyway >:D

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #1652 on: November 09, 2019, 08:49:15 PM »
Have a hot toddy, (or two) and go to bed with a cold, but happy.   :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #1653 on: November 10, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »
We went to a golden wedding do 3 weeks ago and one of our friends was full of cold. That was a Friday.  By Sunday, my better half was sniffing but I was OK. By Monday, I was sniffing. Just getting over it now.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1654 on: November 10, 2019, 05:23:40 PM »
If I知 sniffing tomorrow morning after reading your post @Malc , I値l be wondering about a computer virus! :o :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #1655 on: November 10, 2019, 06:58:43 PM »
If I知 sniffing tomorrow morning after reading your post @Malc , I値l be wondering about a computer virus! :o :hmmm:
Should be all right, I think I知 past the contagious stage.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1656 on: December 12, 2019, 12:34:02 PM »
I see that the Eden Project has upset everyone down here in Cornwall by showing a picture of a 鼎ornish Pasty on its web page.
Nothing wrong with that you might say.
Well.......it has a top crimp (that痴 the strange way they do things in Devon) and worse.........the ingredients include carrots and peas.......carrots and peas, what sort of ingredient is that in a pasty!
Grrrrr  :doh:
I値l get round to fixing it drekkly me 疎nsome.

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • Awards
« Reply #1657 on: December 12, 2019, 01:05:42 PM »
what jam was in the other end ?
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline Jack

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #1658 on: December 12, 2019, 02:18:04 PM »
what jam was in the other end ?

Jam? :no:   Maybe apple as in the sort you put in a pie, (anyway according to my Cornish grandmother-in-Law the two part pasty is a bit of myth).

And as for peas and carrots in a pasty - well  that would be like giving your "Brain on a chain" Trill budgie food in his dog bowl!!...  ;D

(Must go and find my battle bowler and await incoming...  ;D  )
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • Awards
« Reply #1659 on: December 12, 2019, 04:25:27 PM »
re brain on a chain...

when I went in it was 2 1/2 lbs of raw meat plus 1/2 lb of biscuits per day, tinned meat was only held as an emergency supply.

of course in the end the bean counters powers that be decided to feed tinned meat all the time....

pity, cause some of the water-babies used to make lovely casseroles if you took down a bit of spare meat at the start of your evening airfield patrol  ::)

by the time you'd completed the first patrol and got back to the crash bays, they'd be ready to serve, just at your break time....

bowl for you, bowl for hairy beast  :food:

I noted that on wiki they say the two part pasty is no more, but I remember hearing that it was first in one end, pud in the other.. learn something every day.... mind you, would not dare to argue with your grandmum-in-law   :-X
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #1660 on: December 16, 2019, 06:35:28 PM »
Having mentioned elsewhere that I am rather under the weather right now, I thought I壇 moan away here.

Last Tuesday my wife and I drove down to Somerset for a present exchange with her daughter. I壇 been feeling a tad tired, and was having waterworks problems and thought a virus was probably at the heart of it, but after a lengthy journey from Lincolnshire in atrocious weather via Newbury to pick up one of my grand-daughters, I was totally exhausted.

At 7:00pm at the B&B we壇 booked just south of Bristol my heart rate was 120bpm, and stayed that way until after 5:00am, and I had a severe headache. By now my ability to pass water had diminished considerably and the process was becoming very painful. Sleep was entirely elusive.

With heart rate returning to normal by 10:00am we spent the day with family, but by evening it was clear we壇 have to go home earlier than planned, and that night was again sleepless, now due entirely to my waterworks problem. Despite the urgent need to pass water being almost permanent, by morning I had only managed a cupful, and the pain level each time I tried was now at the vocal stage, subsiding only minimally between-times.

Not wishing to be far from home we drove home after breakfast, reaching Boston Hospital A&E around 2:15pm. Four hours later we left for home, me now the less than proud owner of a fully fitted, state of the art, catheter and leg bag. :(, and a possible preliminary diagnosis of a UTI. Oh yes, and i壇 thoroughly enjoyed  :no:  :no: a prostate exam, which the Doc thinks I might have passed.

The A&E experience was pretty normal: they were very busy, I was not a priority, a Junior Doctor performed what I think was his first ever catheterisation, and support staff were notably absent. All in all, by the time he壇 finished and moved on to his next patient (gawd 粗lp 粗m), I had a poorly fitted leg bag, a sharp pain at the tip of the problem, and later found I had an unwanted leak from you-know-where, so within two hours of getting home I was calling our local (12 miles away) Urgent Treatment Centre in Skegness, where i spent another fun filled two hours having everything 疎djusted. Even then, when i got in the car to go home at 12:30am on Friday, I nearly passed out with the pain of sitting, as the original catheter insertion had caused 奏rauma to various tissues, with a minor weeping of blood at the insertion point.

To cap it all the antibiotics I was given at Boston had come complete with side effects, to wit, a bad headache, involuntary body movements, and nervous itching.

Since then things have been very slow to improve, and sleep has been disturbed each night, pain has come in explosive bursts, often unexpectedly, and all in all I feel shattered.

Though the brilliant nurse who helped me at Skegness referred my case to the District Nurse service, today we got a telephone call and were told that they were busy and if I had any issues I should go to Skegness.

And an attempt to get an appointment with my GP for a referral for scans and other tests (the cause of my problem not having yet been ascertained) proved fruitless today, the earliest I can get to see him being Wednesday afternoon.

Heigh ho!

End of moan.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 06:53:15 PM by daffy »
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #1661 on: December 16, 2019, 06:50:31 PM »
Wishing you a speedy recovery Mike. :beers:
展e are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland, UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. 典he welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #1662 on: December 16, 2019, 07:00:13 PM »
My sympathies Mike. Having experienced many of your symptoms, I can understand what you are going through. After initially being told, "it probably is cancer", and then being told a couple of years later, "it probably isn't cancer", I was put on a daily tablet called 'Combodart', which I have to take 'ad infinitum' They have shrunk my prostate and brought my PSA levels back to near normal, about 5, from a high of well over 20. I urge you to keep pestering the medics until you get a proper diagnosis and get the necessary treatment. I have said a few times before on the forum, please gentlemen, get your G.P. to check your PSA. As I have proved, a high PSA level and 'waterworks' problems are not always a sign of something serious. Good luck to you.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1663 on: December 16, 2019, 07:18:50 PM »
Take it easy Daffy.
I hope your symptoms improve in time for you to enjoy Christmas and you go on to make a full recovery.
Martin.
I値l get round to fixing it drekkly me 疎nsome.

Offline Papyrus

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #1664 on: December 16, 2019, 07:48:27 PM »
Seconded...  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Chris
"Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."  Groucho Marx

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal