Skype/Paypal

Started by mojo, September 22, 2014, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo

I have just had an email purporting to come from Paypal telling me I have sent a payment of £55.99 to Skype for a 3 month subscription.
I have not asked for this.
On the email there is a section which says " Open a dispute if you have not requested this payment"
Anyone else had a similar message and what should I do - my thinking is to ignore it but to watch my Paypal balance which so far has not had the amount deducted.
Looks like a con to mee!
Maurice C.

Newportnobby

I've had the odd similar message, Maurice.
Like you, I tend to ignore them as spam but always log into my Paypal account and check 'recent transactions'.

daveg

Totally agree. Don't open the thing but check your account.

I had a similar and just shoved into spam.

Take care!

Dave G

cjdodd

Never click on any links in an email. Always go to the website yourself and check stuff.

Chris

Classic Phishing email that - forward to spoof@paypal.com then delete! By all means check your account though.

Sprintex

Yep, the usual spam, I got it too ::)

Paul

PLD

Not had that one myself so far, however, I have now had SEVEN warnings about it this morning from various forums and email groups (on one group there have also been 20+ replies!) which after a while get as annoying as the original message!!

:veryangry: :'( :censored: :veryangry:

OwL

Classic Nigerian phishing Scam.

On average I have at least one of these a month.
They pose no threat unless you reply or go to the bogus link.

Mark the email as a phishing scam so that Microsoft or your email account holder are aware then do nothing other than double check your PayPal account.

ITS A SCAM, don't be fooled and certainly never correspond with these emails.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

fisherman

yep

def phishing  scam

hit   the phishing  scam  button  and watch it  disappear
<o({{{<<

trainsdownunder

Quote from: Chris on September 22, 2014, 11:08:48 AM
Classic Phishing email that - forward to spoof@paypal.com then delete! By all means check your account though.

Wot he says. Paypal will confirm if it's a spoof.

Malc

I had an interesting one that reported to be coming from Pay Pay saying that I had a £49 refund from some seller. On the grounds i hadn't made any transactions recently I knew it was spam, so binned it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

The Cuckoo

I also get these emails, I would say I get one every month.

njee20

One a month?!

I often get two or three a day! Halifax and HSBC today, warning me about my internet bank account being hacked. I bank with neither...

Newportnobby

We're going off on a tangerine here, but how many others get frequent invites to the Ruby Palace ::)

Malc

Quote from: newportnobby on September 25, 2014, 09:20:25 PM
We're going off on a tangerine here, but how many others get frequent invites to the Ruby Palace ::)
I get invites to the Kolkata Lounge, which is my local ruby emporium. Does that count?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%