Useful Software

Started by trainsdownunder, March 11, 2014, 10:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainsdownunder

Following on from Silly Moo's recent  problem with online mags and the problem of maintaining back ups, here is a freeware piece of software that sets up a PDF printer for your PC.

This means if you print using PD24PDF as your printer you get the option to convert the Document straight to a PDF.

I use it to "print" my digital copies of Model Railroader Magazine to my hard drive. That way I am not stuck with Zinio for access or as a reader.  :thumbsup:

visit : http://en.pdf24.org/, They also do a useful Fax creator to enable you to send faxes direct from you PC (internet req)

scotsoft

Colin, that has to be the best tip for a long time on here  :claphappy:

I have just completed downloading and saving seven digital copies of Model Railroader and even have a copy of each on my mobile so I can read them where ever and when ever I want  :heart2:

Google Chrome did not want to know as it kept crashing the Shockwave player, so I tried IE 11 and that worked perfectly.

I will now be keeping my digital subscription going  :thumbsup:

cheers and thanks John.

Caz

I do the same on the forum for thread that has useful data, I select the print option and print the thread to a pdf so I have it in the library on my computer.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

keithfre

The free version of CutePDF also provides a print-to-PDF-file function.

cjdodd

i would also put in a vote for CutePDF

tim-pelican

Macs, of course, come with this functionality already included  :D

keithfre

Quote from: tim-pelican on March 11, 2014, 08:39:46 PM
Macs, of course, come with this functionality already included  :D
But no Delete key  :veryangry:

linuxyeti

Of course the CUPS printing software also has the option to print to PDF, basically just sets it up as another printer

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%