Show Your Latest Completed Loco and Rolling Stock Kit/Scratch Builds

Started by EtchedPixels, July 09, 2013, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

Quote from: daveg on December 20, 2013, 11:10:59 AM
Just occurred to me that coating or dipping the thread/whatever in Copydex may give you the right level of flexing?

Yours faithfully

Heath Robinson!  ;)

Thanks 'Heath' :D I couldn't even imagine how I'd connect the thread or whatever to the hook and make it look realistic! The Copydex idea might work, though. It's worth testing. Perhaps I should also glue the 'rope' to the barrels first and then work out faking ties on the wagon.

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on December 20, 2013, 12:43:41 PM
Doh !!!  I think I may have a few of them around somewhere, together with some crates and the odd coal sack....
Still nice job on the tarpaulin.

Thanks, Jerry. The tarpaulin was a very quick job - two passes with a brush and some drying time in between. In fact, I think folding it and getting that bundled effect on the sides took longer!

Before it gets too boring, I'll post one last shot of weathered wagons - this being my second batch:

Again the Farish plastic chassis (and also the Dapol) didn't take a wash very well so I think I'll definitely provide a solid undercoat in future. Colours used: Humbrol black 33 (50/50 thinner mix), Humbrol brown 110, Tamiya dark iron & gun metal, plus a matt varnish, with a touch of gloss varnish on some of the less dirtied metalwork at the corners.

RST

Knightwing DBT (well only just, only ended up keeping the main body)...

...out of my era now, but will make a decent ornament in the display case.

Woolleysh33p

Quote from: RST on December 21, 2013, 05:51:08 PM

Where did you buy it?

mr bachmann

Quote from: RST on December 21, 2013, 05:51:08 PM

that looks good , i made mine from plastick card , but stuck for decals - so ended up with BR lion , maybe yours a double arrow (till the transfers turn up!)

RST

Yes it was Knightwing.  Be a tad weary of it though, the moulding was pretty rough. I removed whatever reminants of the lamp irons (staples), vac pipes (bent track pins), buffers (Lychett Manor) and the hand wheels are from Nbrasslocos.  I used spare coach bogies from Dapol, I might have a go at fettling the kit bogies to fit at some point but they don't look too wrong at the moment.  If I were to make another I'd just scratch build the body from carved Polystyrene sheet.

davieb

Hi all  :wave:

Here's a pic of my latest completed kit built rolling stock (sorry for poor pic)

They are the NGS kit1  21T steel hopper HJO/HJV

With Smiths tarpaulins fitted

The 2 outer wagons have had the coupling removed from one end and replaced with the
Dapol NEM replacement Pockets

all three have had the Peco wheels replaced with Farish wheels

Thanks for looking

dave  :thumbsup:

Luke Piewalker

From the Fujimi Tokyo Monorail kit in 1/150 (near enough...)
Paint is Humbrol Rail Colour Acrylic for the blue and yellow, mostly Revell Acrylics for the various other colours.
Decals from Fox Transfers.

:bounce:

Adam1701D

Like it!  :) You'll be moderated for not painting it in NSE, though!
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Luke Piewalker

Mostly I'm wondering why I spent all that time putting armrests I could barely see on the seats...
Quite proud of the little orange 'lights' by the doors though, those went far better than I expected.

scotsoft

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on January 21, 2014, 10:11:46 PM
Mostly I'm wondering why I spent all that time putting armrests I could barely see on the seats...
For the simple reason, you know they are there   ;)

Quite proud of the little orange 'lights' by the doors though, those went far better than I expected.
Are the lights functional or fake?

cheers John.

Luke Piewalker

The lights are fake, but they are so small I would have expected to catapult them across the room with my tweezers...  :dunce: :laugh:

daveg

Luke Piewalker

I've had these Peco wagon kits for years but never painted them so thought I would take them apart and give them a painting.
The grain wagon is as per their later lives.
The little 5 plank wagons and the brake van are a somewhat hypothetical little engineers train.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £40.67
Below Goal: £59.33
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
May Donations