!!

Have You Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
'Tank' and The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 190109 times)

Offline zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #2700 on: May 31, 2022, 12:37:46 PM »
My sister (in the UK) is planning to send me (in France) some money  :).

However, she has been quoted exorbitant fees for doing this by bank transfer - 2.5% by Nationwide and 3.55% by Lloyd's.

Does anyone know of a cheap method of sending money overseas ?

Thanks in advance.

I have a Revolut account that lets you transfer to and from UK banks for no fee and exchange and keep money in multiple currencies with no fee (and pretty good exchange rates). They started purely as a money transfer service and online debit card but have switched to being an actual bank (EU based) recently.

The other one I use is Wise (formerly Transferwise) which is another online money exchange/ debit card service that does very good exchange rates and low fees.

With both you can setup a UK account and other people transfer into it as if it was a UK bank, then it's up to you what you want to exchange and where to send it etc. With Revolut, if you both have Revolut accounts you can send money to one another immediately for no fee (it gets used here a lot for settling up restaurant bills etc. ;) ).

Offline Dorsetmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #2701 on: May 31, 2022, 12:47:59 PM »
I used Paypal to transfer money to a friend who did some shopping for me, quick and easy to do, don't recall much delay in the transfer.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Offline joe cassidy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2702 on: June 12, 2022, 11:54:59 AM »
I can't access the forum with my iphone.

When I try I get a message "Safari can't open the page because there are too many redirections".

Anyone know how I can get round this ?

Thanks in advance.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £68.45
Above Goal: £8.45
Site Currency: GBP
114% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal