!!

Have You Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
'Tank' and The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 687228 times)

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #7965 on: July 22, 2022, 05:13:38 PM »
S'funny, but all I can hear in my head is Colin Clive shouting "He's alive, HE's ALIVE!"
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Online TrevL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
« Reply #7966 on: July 22, 2022, 06:05:34 PM »
Mick, my archery buddy who had the same op said he was told a month, but if it activated in that month, it went out to six months.  He voluntarily surrendered his liscense(sic?)straight away after the op, but when the pacemaker wasn't activated in the first month, he got his DL back very easily. HTH.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #7967 on: July 22, 2022, 09:13:27 PM »
Mick, my archery buddy who had the same op said he was told a month, but if it activated in that month, it went out to six months.  He voluntarily surrendered his liscense(sic?)straight away after the op, but when the pacemaker wasn't activated in the first month, he got his DL back very easily. HTH.

Trev, thanks for that. The paperwork does in fact say the DVLA does not need to be alerted, just my insurance company. Let's face it, the threat of not being insured should I choose to drive within a month is threat enough!! Of course, if the unit does trigger itself at any time after the op then I have to inform everyone and surrender my licence for 6 months.

guest10040

« Reply #7968 on: July 25, 2022, 09:54:40 PM »
what is it with royal mail tracking these days.....
you post a parcel, at a post office, and tracking doesn't even know they have got it ...
you are waiting for a parcel,
tracking says a tracking number has been provided, and there is a knock at the door and the parcel is here...

what is the  :censored: point of tracking, if it doesn't  :censored: work ??

Online TrevL

• N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
« Reply #7969 on: July 29, 2022, 09:35:54 PM »
I've mentioned that same thing before, apparently the tracking number is for the poster, not the addressee, so if you're expecting something you might get a notification when it's delivered, which is a fat lot of good. :veryangry: :censored:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #7970 on: July 29, 2022, 09:45:04 PM »
If I buy anything from the UK, (which is not often these days due to Customs/Irish VAT/Fees - but that is for another post in the 'Angry' thread  :)), and the sender sends it tracked, I can track it on the Royal Mail site until it departs the UK. Using the same RM tracking number, I can then track it via An Post, (Irish postal service), right up to it departing the local office for delivery - well, usually I can.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

guest10040

« Reply #7971 on: July 30, 2022, 09:29:04 AM »
I used to be able to track a signed for or special delivery item using Royal Mail / track your item, by the time I got home from the post office I could enter the tracking  number, and it would show that it had been recieved at the post office, and I would then copy that and send to the reciepient to advise of despatch.

the next day, or so, I could again track it's progress and so on until it was delivered.

but over the last couple of months, you enter the tracking number, click on track my item, and it just seems to sit there.
however, if you phone RM and select the option for tracking an item, it will tell you it's status. but of course, that means the cost of the call, and the time taken to get a reply.

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #7972 on: August 03, 2022, 12:41:37 PM »
I know I have mentioned similar problems before, but this is definitely an aaaaaargh! post.

On 3rd July I ordered a small electrical item from a UK seller via ebay, as I could not find it in Ireland. I only paid 16.73p including postage and VAT, the Irish VAT being collected by ebay. A few days later, I received an email from Irish Customs saying I owed 3.64 VAT plus a 3.50 collection fee. I paid this in order to get the item, but immediately appealed the decision to Irish Customs. This morning, I received a reply to my email, which basically said, "the sender failed to supply the 'IOSS' number, so, tough, the charge stands". I then contacted ebay via their 'Chat' system to ask them to refund the VAT. To cut a long story, (57 minutes  :goggleeyes:), short, I ended up being told that the person I 'chatted' to would submit my request for a VAT refund and I should have a result in 7 - 10 days.  :doh:

It is getting to the stage where it is getting too expensive, (and frustrating), to buy anything from a non EU seller. Maybe that is the plan  :hmmm:.
Anyway, rant over.  :)

I do not believe this! (even though it has happened)

Just after I posted the above, the postman came, with an Irish Customs demand, (no email this time), for 6.42 VAT, (plus the 3.50 fee), for some models that have been sent from the UK! I have checked the order and, yes, ebay have charged me for the VAT. So, I either refuse to pay the charge and the items will get sent back to the UK in a couple of weeks and then I have to wait for the seller to refund me, or I pay the charge and go through all the rigmarole of appealing the Customs charge, which will be refused, and then trying to get the VAT back through ebay. This is getting  :censored: reedikalus!  :*( :*(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 12:56:51 PM by dannyboy, Reason: added a bit. »
David.

Offline Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #7973 on: August 03, 2022, 11:32:10 PM »
more profit for ebay perhaps  >:D

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #7974 on: August 04, 2022, 08:35:40 AM »
As I understand it, when ebay add VAT to an order, they are collecting on behalf of the Customs/Revenue service of the receiving country. The money will then, at some stage, be forwarded on. So, in my case, the Irish Customs are getting two lots of VAT on my purchase. This did happen once before and I did get a refund from ebay.
David.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
August Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal