!!

Have You Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
'Tank' and The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 173418 times)

Offline stevewalker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 29704
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #2535 on: January 10, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »
Hopefully, you'll just have a mild dose and soon be over it. Good luck.

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #2536 on: January 11, 2022, 08:48:40 AM »
I know 3 or 4 people who have had this new variant after being vaccinated. They report that it is a bit like a bad cold. Hopefully you will soon be over it and your better half doesnít succumb. My wife didnít when I came down with the original virus in February. I didnít get any of the supposed symptoms so she didnít isolate. I ended up in hospital, she was fine.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Offline thebrighton

• N Gauge Society Number: xxxxx
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards
« Reply #2537 on: January 11, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »
Aaaaargh!
Now over the years I've painted, lined and added transfers to probably thousands of models but every now and again this hobby annoys the hell out of me.
Just finished all the above on a coach, using all the same combinations of primers, top coat, lining etc that I always do until the final act, a dusting of varnish to seal it all in and the varnish decided to react with the top coat and craze. It did it once before a few years back, just the once, but has decided today it will do it again, not a couple of days ago when I varnished another coach in the rake using all the same combination of paints, but today. Why, doesn't it like Tuesdays?
A visit to the paint stripper and start again :(

Online JBQFC

• N Gauge Society Number: 9651
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #2538 on: January 11, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »
got our results this morning we both tested positive
 i feel like i have very bad cold but i have never had a cof this bad
Clare has very mild symptoms

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #2539 on: January 11, 2022, 01:58:21 PM »
Aaaaargh!
Now over the years I've painted, lined and added transfers to probably thousands of models but every now and again this hobby annoys the hell out of me.
Just finished all the above on a coach, using all the same combinations of primers, top coat, lining etc that I always do until the final act, a dusting of varnish to seal it all in and the varnish decided to react with the top coat and craze. It did it once before a few years back, just the once, but has decided today it will do it again, not a couple of days ago when I varnished another coach in the rake using all the same combination of paints, but today. Why, doesn't it like Tuesdays?

It might just be the damp in the air, as I have to do my spray painting out in the lean to, I never paint until there have been dry conditions for at least 2 days

Regards,

Alex

Offline thebrighton

• N Gauge Society Number: xxxxx
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards
« Reply #2540 on: Yesterday at 03:40:29 PM »
Aaaaargh!

I probably should move this to the angry thread as the coach has now been fully repainted, lined and lettered again and, yep,  the varnish reacted again.
All I can think of is for this coach I had to open a new tinlet of Precision Teak, my old tin having finally met its maker. Beginning to wonder if Precision have tweaked their ingredients :(

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £90.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £100.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
111% 
January Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal