The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

That's another favourite with our postie, the black recycling box. We check every time it goes out now after a couple of items were never received.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Ian Bowden

After leaving the parcel in the recycling bin the supplier tried to charge me saying that a neighbour signed for it.

Not heard from them after i asked who would sign for something left in a bin.

My postie told me he would never consider leaving a parcel in a recycling bin

Malc

A pal of mine has a box just to the side of his front door with "Parcels" stencilled on it. It has a hasp and padlock. He leaves the padlock unfastened and his postie just puts the parcel inside and clips the padlock shut.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

A couple of years ago a postie put a parcel in my meter cupboard outside. Trouble is he didn't close the cupboard door properly and in the howling gale prevailing at the time the door was wrenched off it's hinges and I found it 20ft down the drive. What made matters worse is that I couldn't source a replacement door so had to just screw hinges to it. :veryangry:
Do posties come out (dressed in shorts of course regardless of the weather) armed with meter cupboard keys?

Yet_Another

Probably just a Swiss Army knife.

To follow up on my earlier rant, I was out on Saturday, and postie delivered my parcel from Hattons, correctly putting it in the shed, and leaving a card to say it was there. So far, so good.

But then, the additional note on the card read "please can you deliver next door's".

Somewhat puzzled, I looked for another parcel, but there wasn't one. 'Oh well' I thought, 'perhaps they've already been and collected it, because they had a note as well.'

But no. On checking the letters that had also been delivered, I had all of next door's post as well as mine.  :confused1:  :confused2:

Very odd indeed  :worried:
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

jonclox

:-\ Called out duty GP this afternoon.  Not met her before but can expect duty GPs to call on me every day now until I get over present bad spell or give in and go back into hospital  :'( which is what they are advising  :-\ >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

GeeBee

Sorry to hear that Jon but from my experience I would fight for a little while but you may have to give in in the end fingers crossed for you
Graham

Newportnobby

I have very little confidence in my GP and absolutely detest being in hospital but please heed their advice, Jon. :worried:

jonclox

Todays duty GP been on the phone and is 'content' to let me stay at home for the time being but will contact me Monday. Situation improved here this morning
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

daveg

Good to hear, Jon.

Take it easy.

Dave G

Ian Bowden

A neighbour asked if he could pick a few apples for his wife from my trees. I said I was intending to pick them later in the week but he was welcome to take some. my best tree has now one apple (damaged) and i have plenty of very small windfalls left. Bet I don't even get an apple pie as thanks.

Electric fence next year

Mito

I know what the answer will be next year  >:D  :censored: :no:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bikeracer

Amazon....Grrrrrrrr.

I use a FireTV box and mainly watch Netflix.
On Sunday I switched on and as usual got the Amazon front page with the opportunity to watch their movies through Prime.

They do a movie only version at the same price as Netflix,which is what I wanted.
So I clicked on the banner at the top for details and was immediately enrolled in Amazon Prime at £79.00 for the year,this was not what I wanted,all I wanted was the £5.99 per month film service.

The £79.00 was immediately taken from the account that I only ever put money in to purchase things.I was never given a chance to see which account the money would be taken from.

This made me overdrawn so I contacted the 0800 number for Amazon to cancel the transaction. The call was connected to a barely understandable female in Manilla who was unable to sort it but passed me to another hard to understand woman.

I asked to be transfered to someone in this country and was given the same 0800 number. I tried this and was straight back where I started,but eventually got transfered to a man in the Caribbean !!!!!
The only answer I could get was that the money would be put back in my account in 5 to 7 days.

I eventually found a link to just get the video streaming so started a monthly subscription,however when I come to use it,the majority of films are to buy or rent and not included in the package,bit of a con really.

It'll be cancelled before the next payment is due.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations