The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Nobby. As you say common sense is anything but common. The thinking behind not making it a legal requirement for shop staff to wear masks is that it is not always necessary. Perhaps you should complain to the shop manager and point out that it would be better if staff wear masks when mixing with the public.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bealman

All I can say is, I hope you lot don't cop a second wave of it as we are currently experiencing here.

And unfortunately, it's because of selfish/ignorant individuals not doing the right thing.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Quote from: Bealman on July 23, 2020, 11:22:25 AM
All I can say is, I hope you lot don't cop a second wave of it as we are currently experiencing here.

And unfortunately, it's because of selfish/ignorant individuals not doing the right thing.

So that means that every country is going to get a second wave. Those selfish/ignorant people are everywhere!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

thebrighton

And until there is either a vaccine or everyone starts acting responsibly there will be a 3rd, 4th, 5th wave etc!

railsquid

Quote from: dannyboy on July 04, 2020, 02:33:28 PM
I think delivery/courier company problems are world wide.

Yeah, here in Japan the other day I had a package coming for delivery between 2pm and 4pm, and it didn't turn up until 7 minutes past 4  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

(Seriously, that's about the worst it gets here...)

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: railsquid on July 23, 2020, 04:09:20 PM
Yeah, here in Japan the other day I had a package coming for delivery between 2pm and 4pm, and it didn't turn up until 7 minutes past 4  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

(Seriously, that's about the worst it gets here...)

I think 10 minutes is the seppuku threshold? :no:

GrahamB

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 05, 2017, 10:03:31 AM
Sorry to be so grave, folks, but it's worth informing your nearest and dearest of this in the event you shuttle off this mortal coil. OK, you personally are not going to be concerned, but any instruction you can give will help your loved ones/relatives get the optimum price. If a forum friend can be persuaded to help them out so much the better. All and any proceeds of my model railway items will be going to Help 4 Heroes so I'd like to think I'd get more than the shops would offer (should I worry about snipers now?) :uneasy:
I'm more worried that she will let it go for what I told her I paid for it.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

stevewalker

Sainsburys keep delivering 20 minutes or more early! As the orders contain alcohol, they need an over 18 to receive the order - I keep wondering what they'll do if my 17 year-old son answers the door and tells them that I'm out, but will be back by the beginning of the delivery slot.

Newportnobby

Were you ever told "don't do as I do - do as I say"?

dannyboy

I don't think he is wearing a mask.  :hmmm:
David.

guest311

can't read either, by the look of it

steve836

Perhaps "angry" is too strong a term, maybe we should have a "mildly miffed" thread but I just felt like having a little moan. Why do the likes of Amazon keep sending adverts for something you have already bought? Surely they must realise that if you've bought an item you don't want anymore or if you did you know where to get it.
End of moan.

dannyboy

Another one of their emails that 'miffs' me is the "please review" (whatever). I received one of these emails a couple of weeks ago and felt like replying "The  :censored: thing has not arrived yet!". Most of what I get from Amazon .... and eBay .... and others gets a cursory glance and goes straight in the bin.
David.

guest311

got a phone call this morning with a recorded message advising me that my Amazon Prime account would be closed if I

click - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

as I don't have an Amazon Prime account, and never have had one, I assumed at that point it was a scam and put the phone down.

so be aware.

steve836

Quote from: dannyboy on August 04, 2020, 11:22:32 AM
Another one of their emails that 'miffs' me is the "please review" (whatever). I received one of these emails a couple of weeks ago and felt like replying "The  :censored: thing has not arrived yet!". Most of what I get from Amazon .... and eBay .... and others gets a cursory glance and goes straight in the bin.
Gets me too. Books you havn't had time to read and stuff that if you bought from a normal shop you would never review so why bother?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations