New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 422925 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #5700 on: July 08, 2018, 05:55:48 PM »

It must be successful getting more donations or they wouldn't do. I get letters through the post showing the same graphic details.

I hope they are successful, and have no issue with them being broadcast.

they are broadcast with no warning whatsoever.

This was the main point of my post.

Offline Caz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5701 on: July 09, 2018, 08:52:04 PM »
I've got 89 points on Claywell and 81 of them are fitted with Seeps, 2 with Peco above board motors and just 6 with the Peco below board motors and I've just had the 3rd Peco fail out of the 6! 

Not one of the Seeps has failed just the  :censored: Peco ones and as usual always happen when you have visitors.  Regrettably where the Peco ones are fitted I have no choice but to fit the Peco clip on under point type otherwise I'd change them for Seeps.   :veryangry:   :veryangry:    :veryangry:

Offline Trainboy03

• Instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #5702 on: July 12, 2018, 11:24:54 PM »
I just want to take the corridors off of my Maunsell coaches and NOBODY can accept that I like the wide windows on one side and regular design, just without the gangways

Offline TrevL

• N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
« Reply #5703 on: July 13, 2018, 05:42:17 AM »
I just want to take the corridors off of my Maunsell coaches and NOBODY can accept that I like the wide windows on one side and regular design, just without the gangways

I think this is a case of "RULE ONE APPLIES"  It's your railway, run what YOU want.
Remind "Nobody" of that fact.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #5704 on: July 13, 2018, 07:20:27 AM »

To quote the Cambridge Dictionary:

"nobody
noun [ C ] UK ​  /ˈnəʊ.bə.di/ /ˈnəʊ.bɒd.i/ US ​  /ˈnoʊ.bɑː.di/

someone who is not important"

It follows therefore that those nobodies who decry your desire have no say in the matter, and as the immortal Bard did say:

"To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man"

Or, in short, to hell with what others think!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline TrevL

• N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
« Reply #5705 on: August 23, 2018, 09:21:41 PM »
Just learned today from my son (33) that he has lost buying the first rung on the property ladder.  The reason, his fiancee/long term partner doesn't have photo ID. 
They were buying the house together, but, because she doesn't have a driving license (doesn't drive) nor a passport (has never been abroad), apparently they can't get a joint mortgage, and because of house prices these days, his wage is not enough, and this is for a modest 2 bedroom terraced. Their "financial advisor" said that a birth certificate is no good any more for identification purposes, something to do with "money laundering". 
 WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO? ???
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #5706 on: August 23, 2018, 09:35:18 PM »
Now that is just ridiculous! You would have thought that if the lady could prove she was who she said she was, that would be enough. Having said that, when Louisa and I first moved to Ireland, we opened a joint bank account - in my name and her maiden name, (cos that was all she could prove!). When we married a few years ago, I enquired of the bank how we got her name changed on the account. I was told to bring the wedding certificate to the branch together with ............ photographic proof of her maiden name! (She still has her passport showing her maiden name). We still have not got round to it as she is working when the bank is open!  >:(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline thebrighton

• N Gauge Society Number: 11588
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards
« Reply #5707 on: August 23, 2018, 09:38:37 PM »
Just learned today from my son (33) that he has lost buying the first rung on the property ladder.  The reason, his fiancee/long term partner doesn't have photo ID.   

I've a driving license but it's still the old paper one (yes, it's still allowed) and no passport as I have never felt the need to go abroad and wasn't even allowed to collect a parcel from the localish UPS pick up point. Credit cards, utility bills etc weren't sufficient so I had to have it redelivered where I then had to sign for it!
If you can't even pick up a parcel there's no chance of you borrowing money.

Offline themadhippy

• Awards
« Reply #5708 on: August 24, 2018, 12:23:34 AM »
doesn't have photo ID. 
Ive said it before,an i'll repeat it hear,the uk passport has become the ID card by stealth,need to prove you can legally live in the uk? need to prove you can legally work  in the uk? need to prove your entitled to free treatment on the nhs? guess what is the only acceptable form of proof for  the vast majority of  people born and raised in the uk?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:24:59 AM by themadhippy »

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #5709 on: August 24, 2018, 08:39:32 AM »
They were buying the house together, but, because she doesn't have a driving license (doesn't drive) nor a passport (has never been abroad), apparently they can't get a joint mortgage, and because of house prices these days, his wage is not enough, and this is for a modest 2 bedroom terraced. Their "financial advisor" said that a birth certificate is no good any more for identification purposes, something to do with "money laundering". 

I'd tell him to get a new financial adviser.

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5710 on: August 24, 2018, 10:09:23 AM »
We got our mortgage from Nationwide and we didnít have a passport in fact I didnít have one untill four years ago .
Bob Tidbury

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #5711 on: August 24, 2018, 12:01:50 PM »
One of my colleagues went to the Nationwide to draw some money out and was asked for ID. As a joke, a few years before, some of the lads joined the Dennis the Menace fan club so he produced his membership photo I.D. It was accepted.
I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #5712 on: August 24, 2018, 12:16:59 PM »
 :laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline broadsword

• Awards
« Reply #5713 on: August 24, 2018, 01:00:46 PM »
Visits to Nationwide (my b soc) are usually a pain, after queuing for ages and getting my dosh
the staff usually say something inane like *What are your plans for the rest of the day ?*

No1 priority get out of the place !

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #5714 on: August 31, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »
The company I work for went into administration yesterday. This is obviously slightly rubbish insofar as I lose my job, either today, or at some point in the near future if I'm involved with winding up the remaining elements. This is obviously a minor inconvenience, but in the grand scheme of things nothing more.

Why it makes me angry is because of the biased and ill informed commentary that accompanies all the media attention. Historically the company did some morally heinous things, which were indefensible, but things have moved on, there are no remnants of the company from those days.

I've never worked for anyone with such caring, compassionate people who try so hard to do right by customers, and in the main succeed, with excellent feedback and customer satisfaction scores. A lot of excellent people will lose their jobs, and for many with working visas they will also lose their homes and their adopted country. All because of the transgressions of a former management team and a frustrating compensation culture.

No prizes for guessing my employer :)

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £265.00
Above Goal: £210.00
Site Currency: GBP
482% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything