!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.  (Read 711930 times)

Offline Cazadoom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21448
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.
« Reply #4785 on: December 24, 2019, 07:55:10 PM »
O Dear .. I think I may be converted

It’s absolutely stunning model!  With 50049 that the 50 fund done

Cheers

Callum

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #4786 on: December 24, 2019, 08:09:23 PM »
Callum happy christmas. I  would settle for the n gauge version

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #4787 on: December 25, 2019, 09:52:55 AM »
For christmas, the real love of my life gave me a facsimile of the rail love of my life!

Images © Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline gavin_t

• Awards
« Reply #4788 on: December 31, 2019, 12:48:28 PM »
My Christmas present to myself came in the post today. Won it for £50 on eBay on Xmas day  :D

Listing stated ex display model what you see is what you get. Picture of an unboxed loco.
Therefore wasn't expecting the box, unopened detail pack etc. Like new. Just need to go and buy a decoder now so I can have a play  :D

Offline Corbie

• N Gauge Society Number: 12314
  • 2mm Association Number: 5516
    • Instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #4789 on: December 31, 2019, 02:55:18 PM »
Something I've covetted for a long time  :goggleeyes:

The Union of South Africa was kept, for a short time, in a shed a 5 minute walk around the corner from where I lived as a kid, although it was in green livery then. One of the most beautiful locomotives I ever saw.
I'm now the proud owner  :claphappy:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 03:03:24 PM by Corbie, Reason: add last »
Pre-grouping steam / LNER / early BR.

Offline Jeff_W

• Flickr - Bluegrass Railfan
    • Awards
« Reply #4790 on: January 14, 2020, 02:20:16 AM »
Two train sets from Hattons arrived today:

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #4791 on: January 14, 2020, 05:52:25 AM »
All very nice!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Corbie

• N Gauge Society Number: 12314
  • 2mm Association Number: 5516
    • Instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #4792 on: January 15, 2020, 02:16:56 PM »
Two just arrived from Union Mills, I'm a very happy bunny. B12 4-6-0 in LNER green and D11 4-4-0 in black.

Pre-grouping steam / LNER / early BR.

Offline Mattewes

• Instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #4793 on: January 16, 2020, 11:32:29 PM »
My first ever n gauge rolling stock! My first loco and track have been dispatched but I couldn’t resist picking these up second hand from a local model shop. Excuse the pound coin, that was not included with the wagon! Both are Graham Farish 8 plank wagons. Can’t wait to post a picture of the Ivatt 2MT when it arrives.

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #4794 on: January 17, 2020, 11:48:40 AM »
My first ever n gauge rolling stock!

That's it - you are hooked. Another few pieces and you will be .......... an addict!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Awards
« Reply #4795 on: January 23, 2020, 06:06:15 PM »
Well this is a but of an unusual thing but all have now safely arrived to me and I now get to gloat to the world about my latest additions to the fleet.

As most of you will know @Dr Al built 3 GEM / Lytchett Manor Z class locos for a forum member. That was ME!!!  :claphappy:

If we roll back to 2008 when Dad had just got back into N gauge we went to TINGS and I purchased a GEM Z kit, some low melt solder and thought I'd give it a whirl. Needless to say it didn't go well, and I ended up breaking the foot plate, it got chucked back in a box and left. As I've said in my layout construction thread 10 years has been spent on research and not much layout building.

Roll on March 2018, @Newportnobby was just about to receive his Dr Al built 4MT, I approached Alan about the possibility of building me 2 Z class locos, this was all within a couple of weeks of GEM closing the doors so at the time I was fortunate enough to of purchased what were the last 2 Z kits on the shelf.

I told Alan about the badly built damaged one I had and he suggested that I send him that with some instructions and he would have a play around.

November 18 rolls on and Alan had now received the attempt at a build and stripped it apart, it turned out I'd even fixed a part upside down!!!! As the skillful builder he is Alan was able to fix this and rebuild it to a pretty decent representation. We talked further and agreed we would now build 3 DCC chipped super detailed locos that would be as good as any factory produced RTR. This man does NOT disappoint!!!!!

It was now November 19, finally I had 3 Chinese built 8F chassis, 3 Zimo 617 chips, a locomotive in detail book and various other bits and pieces to send in a parcel north of the border.

As with most things these were never of any urgency, the layout stumbles on at a pace more glacial then even Southern Trains!!!! Alan read the book in detail and discussed my wants from the build.

Knowing what wonders this man can produce I told him to build them with as much detail as possible AND to view them as his own and what he felt was worthwhile spending time creating to do. These were never going to be budget builds so if Alan viewed it as worthy of his time the detail was added.

The hardest part about this process is seeing your models, being created by nothing short of a genius, shown to the forum on his own workbench page and not let on that they are for you!!!!

Alan keeps you informed on decisions, on expenditure and progress. The communication between us was fantastic and the amount of times I would be told of a 'little bit more' to be greeted with some truly phenomenal detail really does prove this man has talent.

I cannot promote this man's work enough, nor can I speak highly enough of his ability to see details and add them. These locos are less then 90mm long and the detail is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

They will definitely be one of the most used locos on the layout!!!!

So @Dr Al, like I said through the build  :thankyousign: is a phrase not really worthy of your hard work but I really do not know what else to say.

I truly hope they were enjoyable to build and as a customer I would get the opportunity to have you build something else for me at some point??!!

I just hope I can now build a layout worthy of these 3 MASTERPIECES

Online Paddy

• N Gauge Society Number: 10732
  • 2mm Association Number: N/A
    • Awards
« Reply #4796 on: January 23, 2020, 06:50:46 PM »
Hi @exmouthcraig and @Dr Al

Wow, those locomotives look amazing.  What a craftsman indeed.

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Awards
« Reply #4797 on: January 23, 2020, 06:52:39 PM »
Indeed they are Paddy, check out Alan's workbench page for some truly amazing pictures of the building of these Zs and his stupendous hard work!!!!!

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4798 on: January 23, 2020, 09:19:16 PM »
As mentioned by @exmouthcraig I'm a recipient of Alan's handiwork and can only echo Craig's sentiments. You only have to read Alan's 'Workbench' thread to see the masterpieces he creates.
There are also others on the forum who regularly turn out stunning items of motive power/rolling stock and we are lucky to have them to turn to or just wonder at.

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #4799 on: January 24, 2020, 07:02:34 AM »
Here is my model of a Z class locomotive obtained as a kid which is a Trix Twin OO product manufactured circa 1960. Looks a bit like yours, but is missing a few wheels. Modelling realism has come a fair distance in 60 years!

Craig, I'm not really a modeller of British stuff, but I much like the look of your Zs. Definitely, a fine looking locomotive. I'd have one if I were doing BR. Thanks for your photo and story behind your models.

Webbo

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
April Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal