!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.  (Read 611862 times)

Offline BMHoneyman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14255
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.
« Reply #4185 on: September 11, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »
Those are the donor wagons provided in the NGS kit for the TTA chlorine, molasses and sulphuric acid tanks that has been available for some time. As such, I don't think they are new wagons being produced and are probably surplus stock. I always thought they would make good bitumen tanks without too much effort required.
As a long term member of the N Gauge Society, this is both annoying and disappointing that these models have not been advertised first on the web site as not everyone is able to attend shows due to family commitments. This goes for the kits as well.  :veryangry:

Offline Yet_Another

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25847
  • Chacun à son goût!
    • Awards
« Reply #4186 on: September 11, 2017, 09:52:14 PM »
In defence of the NGS, they were taking advantage of an opportunity which presented itself, and I would probably have done the same. When I bought mine, late yesterday, there were still more than plenty. I mean really plenty.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #4187 on: September 11, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »
Another 47 joins my fleet, this one being too good a deal to pass up from Anoracks at TINGS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyqqjf5s9orp523/Photo%2011-09-2017%2C%2017%2034%2012.jpg?dl=0

Didn't think I would get this for a while, what with it being in a set.

Whilst I am happy to have her "light engine", I do have some RES BGs and GUVs, but suspect they are too late for this livery. I know the coaches that she came in the set with were bright red Royal Mail type, but can't find prototype images of her with RES coaches.

Skyline2uk

Offline Western Exile

• N Gauge Society Number: 23198
    • Awards
« Reply #4188 on: September 12, 2017, 12:59:27 PM »
In defence of the NGS, they were taking advantage of an opportunity which presented itself, and I would probably have done the same. When I bought mine, late yesterday, there were still more than plenty. I mean really plenty.

Although I made a purchase from the NGS stand, I wasn't aware they were selling these TTA tanks as I would have purchased a rake if I had known.

If the NGS is selling these TTA wagons off then they should be made available through the NGS shop for all members to buy (including overseas members as it is there society as well)

Have you tried contacting them? They might be only too happy to get some more off their hands.

Offline BMHoneyman

• N Gauge Society Number: 14255
    • Awards
« Reply #4189 on: September 12, 2017, 08:22:34 PM »
In defence of the NGS, they were taking advantage of an opportunity which presented itself, and I would probably have done the same. When I bought mine, late yesterday, there were still more than plenty. I mean really
plenty.

Although I made a purchase from the NGS stand, I wasn't aware they were selling these TTA tanks as I would have purchased a rake if I had known.

If the NGS is selling these TTA wagons off then they should be made available through the NGS shop for all members to buy (including overseas members as it is there society as well)

Have you tried contacting them? They might be only too happy to get some more off their hands.

If they were available then they should be on the NGS site under the shop for all to members to buy. Someone else has already asked on the NGS io group but no answer yet.

I am with you on this one Lindi. I did not even know this model existed until I saw the pictures above. The NGS needs to be fair to all its members and just because there is a show is no defence to just selling them there and not on the web site. It is the same with the kit situation, why should there have been a push to get kits ready for this show when the membership have been waiting patiently for what seems like years! I left the Dapol Club for very similar reasons when too much emphasis is put on the Open Day which I could not attend either.

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #4190 on: September 13, 2017, 08:12:44 AM »

Hello all,

I don't know how the decision to sell some of the plain black tankers came about (they are usually supplied with the chemical tanker kit, as they donate the chassis) but those on the NGS stand were very busy all weekend so it seems only fair that they take a couple of days breather now.

I imagine the question on the io group (which was set up for this sort of discussion wasn't it?) will be answered in due course.

Cheers

Ben A.
(NGS VP)

Offline Bingley Hall

• N Gauge Society Number: 21700
    • Awards
« Reply #4191 on: September 13, 2017, 08:30:47 AM »
It's an outrage. I think a stern letter to the Daily Mail is the only answer  :bounce:

Offline Bingley Hall

• N Gauge Society Number: 21700
    • Awards
« Reply #4192 on: September 16, 2017, 05:12:20 AM »
Some Hattons pre-owned turned up on the doorstep yesterday. Bargain with a TMC weathered Farish horsebox for £12.50 (price less VAT of course)

I see these are listed at £22.80 (inc VAT) on the TMC web site. I think the Hatton's work experience kid was having on off day :no:

The Presflo was a ridiculous £5 after taking VAT off and two HAA's came in at £16.67.

Shame (or just as well) there has been a dearth of pre-owned N gauge stuff in the last couple of weeks.

Online railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #4193 on: September 16, 2017, 10:01:53 AM »
Shame (or just as well) there has been a dearth of pre-owned N gauge stuff in the last couple of weeks.
It comes and goes, got a VAT-free package from last week just arrived from Auntie Christine waiting my attention :D
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
« Reply #4194 on: September 16, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »
Popped into Invicta Model Railways in Sidcup today to pick up some plasticard strip for my 4 wheel coach hacks and noticed this beauty on the shelf. I'd held off picking one up at TINGS, but decided it was too pretty to leave there for someone else. I'm justifying the extra spend because Vernon, the shop owner, is currently in intensive care at the moment so it's just doing my bit ;)

Now I'm going to have to paint some of my hacked together short coaches blue aren't I? :)

Offline Portpatrick

• N Gauge Society Number: 3434
    • Awards
« Reply #4195 on: September 16, 2017, 02:00:38 PM »
I fully applaud your sentiment in making that purchase.  And I concur, Chocolate and cream behind S&D blue does not seem quite right.

Offline Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
« Reply #4196 on: September 17, 2017, 04:19:47 AM »
Popped into Invicta Model Railways in Sidcup today to pick up some plasticard strip for my 4 wheel coach hacks and noticed this beauty on the shelf. I'd held off picking one up at TINGS, but decided it was too pretty to leave there for someone else. I'm justifying the extra spend because Vernon, the shop owner, is currently in intensive care at the moment so it's just doing my bit ;)

Now I'm going to have to paint some of my hacked together short coaches blue aren't I? :)

This s was a Farish Club  model - a lovely runner. Lok out for aweetabix coaches to repaint . The SDJR Farish coaches are rare and £££!

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30890.msg356600#msg356600
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/350436414753212039/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Offline zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
« Reply #4197 on: September 17, 2017, 09:48:44 AM »

This s was a Farish Club  model - a lovely runner. Lok out for aweetabix coaches to repaint . The SDJR Farish coaches are rare and £££!

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30890.msg356600#msg356600

Yup already on the case. I'm kit bashing Farish suburban bogie coaches into 4 and 6 wheelers (the ones behind it in the pic are my earlier attempts) as well as repainting some shredded wheat ones I got a few years ago.

Here's a batch of 4 I did on my Mum's layout..

The reason I popped into the shop to get plasticard strip was so I could do running boards and detailing :)

Offline Hiawatha

• Awards
« Reply #4198 on: September 17, 2017, 04:54:29 PM »
So, finally I got a Dapol/Modellbahn Union special edition Wartime Black Mallard.  :bounce:

First thing I noticed was that the model doesn't have a double chimney - is this correct for wartime?  Did the LNER swap out the double chimneys (would this be easy to do?) during the war - for maintenance reasons or maybe the thought that the single chimney would produce less smoke and make the loco less noticeable to enemy aircraft? (They did remove the whistles for concerns that they could be mistaken for air raid sirens*, so anything is possible.) Maybe an LNER expert can help shed some light on this matter?
(Maybe it's just an oversight from Dapol but with already four Mallards with double chimneys in the lineup, they can't be that ignorant! :no: )

And what's the story behind the 'NE' lettering? Was this really done to save paint for the two letters? (After repainting a complete engine? :dunce: )

I have to say, even in plain black the A4 still looks marvellous. I am so glad that Dapol have done a contemporary model of the A4. I had a Minitrix Nigel Gresley in the 1980s but the detailing was already outdated then, and I never bought a Farish A4 for the same reason.

* That the model is prototypically missing its whistle is not as it came from the factory - the whistle just came loose during shipping, and I have not yet put it back.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 06:50:25 AM by Hiawatha, Reason: postimage links restored »
Peter

Offline simonprelude

• Awards
« Reply #4199 on: September 18, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »
Plenty of scope for 47522 was a regular visitor on the Liverpool to Newcastle trans pennine route also

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwimsOqsjK_WAhVRJ1AKHdoNCkcQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fderekriley.zenfolio.com%2Fp780034953%2Fh21A6FDBC&psig=AFQjCNG5bbMXdWtymRFyqnx-QyxgrHZb-A&ust=1505836483017377

Another 47 joins my fleet, this one being too good a deal to pass up from Anoracks at TINGS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyqqjf5s9orp523/Photo%2011-09-2017%2C%2017%2034%2012.jpg?dl=0

Didn't think I would get this for a while, what with it being in a set.

Whilst I am happy to have her "light engine", I do have some RES BGs and GUVs, but suspect they are too late for this livery. I know the coaches that she came in the set with were bright red Royal Mail type, but can't find prototype images of her with RES coaches.

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here