Dapol announced new A3/A4 Pacifics.

Started by Le Night ferry, September 10, 2023, 08:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Night ferry

https://www.dapol.co.uk/blogs/news/new-a3-a4-liveries-announced-at-tings-2023

I have Br Green Flying Scotsman, Garter Blue Mallard and Silver Link(repainted Silver king).
BR Blue Sir Nigel Gresley...
Well, gonna repaint Minitrix's Nigel.
Although it is older than me, Its quality is good.

leachsprite4

I'm almost excited for these SNG in BR Blue with Adam on the graphics is promising, still tempted by Flying Scotsman in BR Green.

However due in Q4 2024, at the same reported time as the much waited for BoB/West Country and the GWR mogul at best part £160 to £200 per engine I can't see me getting the six I'd like :(

Le Night ferry

Quote from: leachsprite4 on September 10, 2023, 09:19:01 AMI'm almost excited for these SNG in BR Blue with Adam on the graphics is promising, still tempted by Flying Scotsman in BR Green.

However due in Q4 2024, at the same reported time as the much waited for BoB/West Country and the GWR mogul at best part £160 to £200 per engine I can't see me getting the six I'd like :(
Dapol's engines prices are getting high..

leachsprite4

That is inflation and all its influencers and they are comparable with others.

Fardap

Yeah I think looking at the prices they stayed level for a long time, there is no way that could continue especially with everything else increasing in price as it has.

Guess if you want detailed hand finished products you have to pay for them.

I do miss the Dapol monthly specials on the website got many a bargain that way.

Le Night ferry

Quote from: Fardap on September 10, 2023, 10:02:43 AMYeah I think looking at the prices they stayed level for a long time, there is no way that could continue especially with everything else increasing in price as it has.

Guess if you want detailed hand finished products you have to pay for them.

I do miss the Dapol monthly specials on the website got many a bargain that way.
Well, I'll gonna wait for hattons
Since I'n foreigner, they remove taxes

Bob G

Dapol had good reductions on new locos at TINGS. Problem was the ones I wanted were not available!

Le Night ferry

Quote from: Bob G on September 10, 2023, 10:37:34 AMDapol had good reductions on new locos at TINGS. Problem was the ones I wanted were not available!

When WC/BoB will be released?

Roy L S

Quote from: Le Night ferry on September 10, 2023, 10:42:31 AM
Quote from: Bob G on September 10, 2023, 10:37:34 AMDapol had good reductions on new locos at TINGS. Problem was the ones I wanted were not available!

When WC/BoB will be released?

According to information on the Dapol stand yesterday, Quarter 4 2024. As tooling hasn't started yet I wonder if that may be somewhat optimistic.

Roy

Hiawatha

from https://www.dapol.co.uk/blogs/news/new-a3-a4-liveries-announced-at-tings-2023

2S-008-019A4 Valanced Kestrel 4485 LNER Green

That's an interesting livery variation with the straight line colour separation instead of the familiar parabolic curve. And as Dapol only made one A4 in apple green before: :thumbsup: 

But this is disappointing:

2S-008-020A4 Mallard 4468 NE Wartime Black

Exactly that Mallard in wartime black has already been produced by Dapol as a "numbered, strictly limited edition made exclusively for Modellbahn Union" – and, to be honest, I find it totally unacceptable that the very same model will be re-released as a standard edition. :veryangry:

There have been more than enough Mallards from Dapol already – garter blue no. 4468, wartime black, garter blue no. 22, BR blue, BR lined green – have I missed one? Why not make another A4 in wartime black? There should be 34 other locomotives left over for wartime black paint other than Mallard again! :thumbsdown:
Peter

leachsprite4

I've always fancied an A3 in BR ultramarine but this is hard to model as was seen with the limited edition A4 (which I sadly missed out on).

Newportnobby

Quote from: Hiawatha on September 10, 2023, 12:14:33 PMExactly that Mallard in wartime black has already been produced by Dapol as a "numbered, strictly limited edition made exclusively for Modellbahn Union" – and, to be honest, I find it totally unacceptable that the very same model will be re-released as a standard edition. :veryangry:

Have to agree with that. If not, call it an 'exclusive until we do another run' ::)
Not clever, and I'd be mad as hell, too.

In the meantime, here's Nigel wearing black............

A4 4498 Sir Nigel Gresley in black at Leyland 21.5.22 by Mick Hollyoake, on Flickr

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £40.67
Below Goal: £59.33
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
May Donations