Nostalgia

Started by oscar, May 29, 2012, 12:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscar

Christmas 1971:-

Newportnobby

I was just 18 then, and it's probably the first time this list had been issued since decimalisation :o :smiley-laughing:
Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

oscar

Aye, note the price of the 4-wheel coaches! :P

Trainfish

I was just 7. However, I'm thinking about placing an order, I should get a decent set-up for £20
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

oscar

:smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:

Looking at the fact there are only two locos, and can motor ones at that, it's probably the earliest price list?

Matthew-peter

It would be interesting to see some of these models, especially next to a new version of the mdoel to see the changes in molds and everything  :o especially since the prices seem to be so low back than. (I wasnt around than, for quite some time haha)
OK who took my cake?

Newportnobby

Quote from: oscar on May 29, 2012, 01:46:55 PM
Aye, note the price of the 4-wheel coaches! :P

Shouldn't the 3rd class ones be cheaper than the 2nd class :evil:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Matthew-peter on May 29, 2012, 02:12:19 PM
It would be interesting to see some of these models, especially next to a new version of the mdoel to see the changes in molds and everything  :o especially since the prices seem to be so low back than. (I wasnt around than, for quite some time haha)

That depends what bit you look at. The generic coaches are actually quite good in places. Their bogies are probably the best Farish ever did until the new Stanier and Mark 1 stock, nice and close to the solebars !
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Matthew-peter

Quote from: EtchedPixels on May 29, 2012, 03:21:40 PM
Quote from: Matthew-peter on May 29, 2012, 02:12:19 PM

That depends what bit you look at. The generic coaches are actually quite good in places. Their bogies are probably the best Farish ever did until the new Stanier and Mark 1 stock, nice and close to the solebars !

Id say the locos and the carrriages since the carriages sound good and the locos as there is only two available haha, I would like to see the 4 wheeled coaches as they may work for a diorama I would like to do  :D
OK who took my cake?

oscar

You can get the coaches on flea-bay for an arm and a leg, or get the Shredded Wheat ones cheap and adapt them. They're the same apart from the couplings, I think.

moogle

I was - 4 months old then!  :smiley-laughing:

I've got two of the Holden tank currently in the paint shop after an overhaul and repair session.
I'll have to post some pics once they're done.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Malc

Quote from: newportnobby on May 29, 2012, 12:42:29 PM
I was just 18 then, and it's probably the first time this list had been issued since decimalisation :o :smiley-laughing:
Young whippersnapper! (I was 20)
;D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Matthew-peter

Quote from: moogle on May 29, 2012, 05:10:17 PM
I've got two of the Holden tank currently in the paint shop after an overhaul and repair session.
I'll have to post some pics once they're done.

I look forward to the photos of these ;)
OK who took my cake?

galway

Quote from: Malc on May 29, 2012, 06:17:13 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on May 29, 2012, 12:42:29 PM
Young whippersnapper! (I was 20)
;D

I was 10 and annoyed that the airfix models I use to buy for 2/11 were suddenly 15p no penny sweet on way home from toy shop, pure profiteering, although with a 6d (which was still legal) you got 6 penny sweets and only 5 from 2 1/2 new pence.

I'm sure the more mature members wont have to get their calculators out to understand this post.  :smiley-laughing:
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations