RIP SWMBO

Started by Browning 9mm, January 02, 2023, 08:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete @ EGLM

AdrianC

My sincerest condolences to you and your wider family  :(

Adrian
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

Safety Engineer

You have my deepest sympathy, it's 24 years since I lost my first wife. We were planning our 25th wedding anniversary but it wasn't to be.
Thankfully now happily re married.

Martin

Ali Smith

My condolences to you and your family.

Ali

Browning 9mm

again, thank you all for your messages, they have been a great comfort to myself and my daughters.

Mr Sprue

Sympathy and my sincere condolences.

Browning 9mm

the last week has not been easy, I will admit.
so many things to sort, calls to make etc.
and so many 'we are receiving large volumes of calls' etc....

but what has surprised me is the number of call handlers, often reviled by most of us, who's first response has been 'oh, I am so sorry to hear that, how are you ?'

ok you still get some of the script readers, but an appreciable number have gone 'off script', and it has been appreciated.

Tank

I'm very sorry to hear of the very sad news Alan.  I wish you and your family all the best, and I hope they're rallying round to make sure that you're OK.

Trainfish

Quote from: Browning 9mm on January 10, 2023, 02:17:37 PM
the last week has not been easy, I will admit.
so many things to sort, calls to make etc.
and so many 'we are receiving large volumes of calls' etc....

but what has surprised me is the number of call handlers, often reviled by most of us, who's first response has been 'oh, I am so sorry to hear that, how are you ?'

ok you still get some of the script readers, but an appreciable number have gone 'off script', and it has been appreciated.

I remember when Mummy Trainfish sadly passed on I was the executor of the will and like you had to make so many phone calls to so many companies. I too was very impressed with the responses received when calling and again as you have found, they all asked how I was. Alan @Browning 9mm if you ever struggle to get through to a company do what I did and google (company name) bereavement and you will often see a different telephone number to call and usually get through to a human being quicker than using the main number. Let me know if you need any other advice or opinion as it's still all very fresh in my mind even 6 years on.
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Browning 9mm

SWMBO has finally arrived home.

the funeral director returned her 'cremains' this evening.

so things are now final.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%