Last Posting Dates for UK Christmas Presents (Trains)

Started by Bob G, December 10, 2022, 03:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

There have been some quite exciting discussions on here about the best services to get your Trains delivered to you in time for Christmas.

Here is the Post Office's view, as of 0952 this morning.

As I said previously, Tracked 24 and Tracked 48 are better than most other services, cost half the price of Special Delivery, and give insurance cover to £100.

Bob

njee20

Sad state of affairs when the last posting day for 2nd class is the 12th, it was the 18th last year!

Trainfish

Also a sad state of affairs when the posties seem to forget that there are other options for people to use. Once a company loses customers it can be very hard to tempt them back which ultimately means a company reducing in size. You know the rest but I get the feeling that the posties, or at least some of them, seem to think they're untouchable.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

RM also speak with forked tongue. My Special Delivery from Rails last Friday has not arrived.

Bob G

Poor Mick. Forked out for special treatment and guess what. He was especially ignored!

Well and truly forked by RM.

I have all my trains, thank you for asking, but my wife's new vanity mirror has not turned up yet (promised to be delivered today by Amazons).

Bob

Trainfish

I'm not sure which is worse. Buying your wife a vanity mirror or a hoover for Christmas  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bob G

Quote from: Trainfish on December 23, 2022, 02:55:18 PM
I'm not sure which is worse. Buying your wife a vanity mirror or a hoover for Christmas  :goggleeyes:
The Dyson was a birthday present :) Her favourite rechargeable toy. We don't have an exciting life!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob G on December 23, 2022, 02:51:21 PM
(promised to be delivered today by Amazons).

Oh, yes. Ding, dong.
I'll accept anything delivered by Amazons (or even just one Amazon) :D

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £40.67
Below Goal: £59.33
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
May Donations