F1 changes

Started by Newportnobby, May 14, 2021, 08:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on May 16, 2021, 08:57:07 AM
Or as the section title says

General Discussion
Talk about anything here! Other gauges, hobbies, the weather...

So no problem talking about F1, motor racing or the fish ;)

What fish? Not this one I hope  :(
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

wombat457

Cheers,

Tony

"Knowing what to do is one thing - Being able to do it is another"
"It's easy to criticize - harder when you have to justify it"

Mr Sprue

Quote from: wombat457 on May 30, 2021, 06:04:28 AM
Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on May 18, 2021, 11:50:59 AM

Whats Bassball  8) 8) 8) 8) :wave: :wave: :wave:

Boring, very very boring!   ;)

Does it come close to watching paint dry?  :hmmm:

PLD

Quote from: Mr Sprue on May 30, 2021, 08:03:47 AM

Depends what colour... ... ...  ;)  :uneasy:

wombat457

Well, put it this way ...............

I'd rather watch 25 laps of the Monaco GP, in the wet, with the safety car out  .... :D
Cheers,

Tony

"Knowing what to do is one thing - Being able to do it is another"
"It's easy to criticize - harder when you have to justify it"

Mr Sprue

Quote from: wombat457 on May 31, 2021, 01:37:21 AM

Well, put it this way ...............

I'd rather watch 25 laps of the Monaco GP, in the wet, with the safety car out  .... :D

LOL.... I like your analytic example of boredom!  :D

Newportnobby

Bumping this thread rather than start a new one, but for the first time since 1974 F1 goes into the last race of the season with two drivers equal on points following yesterdays Wacky Race in Saudi Arabia. All will be decided next week in Abu Dhabi. If Hamilton and Verstappen take each other out (distinctly possible) Verstappen wins the championship on the basis he has 9 race wins to Hamilton's 8.
I have no real care who wins but no one can say this season has not been a thriller as F1 goes.

guest311

oh for the days when the cars were parked one side of the track, and the drivers lined up on the other side  :-[

njee20

Yesterday was bordering on farcical; absolutely incredible race. For me Verstappen has shown himself to be a deeply unpleasant 'win at all costs' character, who I really dislike. I thought he was maturing, but clearly not, nurtured by Messrs Verstappen sr, Marko and Horner, who all appear to be scales of unpleasant.

I really hope for a good race next weekend, but I fear that Verstappen will not play fair and the two will end up DNF.

Madann01

After yesterdays blatent stretching of the rules by all involved, 'Crash for Cash' seems to have reached F1, I am awaiting for a personal injury claim to be forthcoming although I'm unsure how they will explain the three passengers they will claim were in the car as well. :hmmm:

RailGooner

Quote from: class37025 on December 06, 2021, 10:23:56 AM
oh for the days when the cars were parked one side of the track, and the drivers lined up on the other side  :-[

Then we'd see Mad Max tying Lewis's laces together to trip him up!  :whistle:

zwilnik

Quote from: njee20 on December 06, 2021, 10:29:55 AM
Yesterday was bordering on farcical; absolutely incredible race. For me Verstappen has shown himself to be a deeply unpleasant 'win at all costs' character, who I really dislike. I thought he was maturing, but clearly not, nurtured by Messrs Verstappen sr, Marko and Horner, who all appear to be scales of unpleasant.

I really hope for a good race next weekend, but I fear that Verstappen will not play fair and the two will end up DNF.

After Brazil he's learned that if anyone tries to overtake him around the outside, he just needs to not brake. He runs off the track but so does his opponent and he doesn't get a penalty while keeping the place. Also the "tactical" letting another driver by to avoid a penalty just before the DRS line should be penalised just the same as Lewis did in Spa many years ago when he let Kimi in the Ferrari past him after overtaking while off the track, then used the slipstream to immediately re-overtake him legally. He got a 5 second penalty for still benefiting from his off track overtake, so anyone giving a position back just in time to do the same with DRS should get the same.

I strongly believe the whole Red Bull team management system is toxic at the moment. They're making their junior drivers far more anxious about their careers than they should while hyping up their main driver to the point where he honestly seems to believe that the FIA should just give him the championship because he's younger than Lewis. All the while stirring up as much FUD (Fear Uncertainty Doubt) in the media about how legal their opponents are (while cheating as much as they can themselves of course).

The Q

Quote from: njee20 on December 06, 2021, 10:29:55 AM

doing a Schumacher

njee20

Indeed. I hope they'd take a suitably dim view of that and dock points, but they seem rather keen to ensure it's not Mercedes who win again! 

chrism

Quote from: njee20 on December 06, 2021, 12:45:28 PM
Indeed. I hope they'd take a suitably dim view of that and dock points, but they seem rather keen to ensure it's not Mercedes who win again!

I don't think the stewards or race director can dock points - so it'd probably end up in a long legal wrangle with the championship winner not being decided until, probably, after next season has started.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £90.67
Below Goal: £9.33
Site Currency: GBP
91% 
May Donations