Revolution trains container flats

Started by gavin_t, November 14, 2020, 08:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin_t

Looking to purchase a set of these but as struggling to find many pictures of the actual item online.
Anyone own a set and fancy sharing some pictures of them in action?  :D

I now have some containers to put on them thanks to @Trainfish  :D

gavin_t

Quote from: red_death on November 14, 2020, 08:28:32 PM
Both Rails and Kernow have pictures of our KFAs:

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/c/1669/Revolution-Trains
https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/2884/revolution-trains-pfa-kfa-wagon

Cheers Mike

Thanks for the links, perfect!

I see Kernow have an offer on these ones. Would I be right in thinking they would suit my 90's era?
Or would one of the other liveries be better suited?

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/60714/N22404-Revolution-Trains-KFA-Intermodal-Wagon-in-Touax-Blue

Trainfish

Quote from: gavin_t on November 14, 2020, 08:11:28 PM
Looking to purchase a set of these but as struggling to find many pictures of the actual item online.
Anyone own a set and fancy sharing some pictures of them in action?  :D

I now have some containers to put on them thanks to @Trainfish  :D

That's an impressive set of containers Gavin. Surely 10 isn't enough though is it? There are more listed you know  :thumbsup:
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

red_death

The Touax ones are relatively recent and not suitable for the 90s. You really want any of the 1 or 2 ending product codes.

gavin_t

Quote from: red_death on November 15, 2020, 02:50:54 PM
The Touax ones are relatively recent and not suitable for the 90s. You really want any of the 1 or 2 ending product codes.

Thanks for clearing that up.  Think I have got in a muddle looking at the crib sheet on the site.

red_death

The livery versions get newer as the last digit increases ie 1 is pretty much as built, 4 is latest branding (Touax). 
There are two bogie types (signified by the 3rd digit) and whether they are single packs or triple packs (all have different numbers).

So all start N22 then 3rd digit is 0/1/3/4 = 0 or 3 are GPS bogies (single v triple); 1 or 4 are VNH1 bogies (again single v triple)
Then last digit is 1/2/3/4 livery version in age order (oldest to newest).

gavin_t

Ah that helps, thanks

So 301,401 and 302, 402 would be suitable for an era between loosely 1991-1998?
Are the GPS bogies the earlier ones and better suited? Assumed they just went to the other bogies as an upgrade when they were due renewal regardless of livery?

Ben A

Hi Gavin,

The very first ones to arrive had GPS bogies, but they were joined very quickly by the second batch with VNH-1 bogies.

For your period either would do TBH. 

Cheers

Ben A.

gavin_t

Quote from: Ben A on November 15, 2020, 11:38:23 PM

Hi Gavin,

The very first ones to arrive had GPS bogies, but they were joined very quickly by the second batch with VNH-1 bogies.

For your period either would do TBH. 

Cheers

Ben A.

Cheers guys you have been a great help. I will get some ordered :D

Just need to decide if to be economical and get a 3 pack or mix and match some separate ones to make up my own rake  :hmmm:

Thanks again
Gavin

Trainfish

Aren't the rakes usually made up of multiples of 5 wagons? In which case you would need some more containers too  :thumbsup:
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

njee20

No, FFA/FGA sets were made up in sets of 5 originally, but KFAs have always run singly.

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

njee20

Doesn't mean you can't have 5 (or 10, 15 or 20!) merely that you can also have 6, 14 or 38!

Trainfish

He definitely needs more than that. You can NEVER have too many container wagons.........................

John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations