What is it with Peco flexitrack prices at the moment?

Started by Rarius, October 06, 2020, 09:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honestjudge

Quote from: Roy L S on October 07, 2020, 12:31:46 AM
Quote from: honestjudge on October 06, 2020, 10:05:44 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on October 06, 2020, 08:50:58 PM
If supply is limited and demand is higher then far less reason to shave margins, basic economics really.

Yes we can all see that, it's called profiteering.  It's similar to the toilet roll syndrome where some retailers upped the price 200%.
I suppose you pay your money and make a choice.

Not really, profiteering is to make an excessive profit in such a situation, I don't think the Hattons price of £3.50 (e.g.) for a single yard of Code 55 is excessive, most seem to sell at between this and about £4 that is not the same as the toilet roll example at all.

Well you are entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree.

If you have old stock that you suddenly bump the price up because of an advantageous situation, that's a sharp practice in my book. I have never done business like that.

As I said, prices have reduced back from the immediate prices rises we saw at lockdown and Hattons are at the previous price for code 80.

Roy L S

Absolutely fine if we disagree, this forum would be dead boring if we all thought about things the same way!

Roy

Paddy

Hi Folks,

Remember, we are now entering a critical period as the Government's employment support schemes start to taper off.  If the CV19 situation continues to deteriorate over winter then we could see even more significant job losses and retraction of our economy.  This could lead to a massive reduction in demand and a flooding on the second hand market with much of the stuff that has been bought in the last six months.

Please don't interpret this as me "rubbing my hands with glee" - my heart goes out to anyone affected by the "bug" and/or its knock on financial impact.

EDIT: Plus we have the wee matter of the US election in November.  Goodness knows what that could lead too...

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00