A British domestic train from Kato? 800 series available from May 2021

Started by woodbury22uk, February 09, 2019, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

Quote from: jpendle on June 02, 2021, 12:51:18 AM
Zimo MX605N and MX605FL.

Out of stock at Coastal DCC but may be available elsewhere.

Regards,

John P

On seeing the previous message I went to Coastal and bought the last Zimo ones  ;D

Pretty poor to have such a big gap, but I guess that's Kato underestimating the demand for DCC. Further proof their proprietary system is stupid, if understandable from their side.

gc4946

EBay are listing LNER sets on sale in Japan :claphappy:  :claphappy: won't be too long before they arrive on these shores  :claphappy:  :claphappy:

though CR Signals are offering sound-fitted versions on pre-order https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164892879165?epid=3046896123&hash=item266461a93d:g:phQAAOSwV9JgtfWB
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Hightower

Quote from: Vonzack on June 02, 2021, 01:15:41 AM
My GWR set from Rails was delivered with the Kato DCC chips, so they have been available.

Hopefully there'll be some for the pre orders then as I've pre ordered an LNER starter set and decoder pack at the same time.

railsquid

Quote from: marco neri on May 31, 2021, 01:24:28 PM
:hellosign:
Today,
the LNER version has released in Japan.

Here's one I acquired earlier today  :D:

Kato Hitachi Class 800 (LNER "Azuma") by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Very nice model, I am quite taken with the colour scheme, which is unusual for post-privatization liveries.

acko22

Quote from: railsquid on June 02, 2021, 03:06:17 PM

Right that's it! I am sold so I model around North West England and of course LNER don't run there but TPE did hire one of their sets for crew training purposes which ran as far as Huddersfield, so using that very tenuous link I am getting one to occasionally appear on my layout for said crew training!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on May 20, 2021, 12:19:54 PM
They're being given a chance to rectify it. If they do as you say then it will go back and I'll never return to them as a customer again. They will lose out in the long run. Not that they seem to care though. Just in May I have spent over £600 with them so far and there's 11 days left, that's a lot of business to lose.

My 'replacement' (according to my supplier) GWR power unit should be with me on Thursday. Here's hoping it's a quiet one  :uneasy:
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

marco neri

Quote from: marco neri on May 31, 2021, 01:24:28 PM
:hellosign:
Today,
the LNER version has released in Japan.

Kato Hitachi Class 800 (LNER &quot;Azuma&quot;) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Very nice model, I am quite taken with the colour scheme, which is unusual for post-privatization liveries.

Simply fantastic!

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on May 16, 2021, 12:42:39 PM
Quote from: davidinyork on May 16, 2021, 12:38:26 PM
Is it normal for Japanese models to be supplied with track to display them on?

This is the first time I've seen it with a bookset like this; usually only display/commemorative models (e.g. Tomix's "First Car Museum" range) come with display track.

For the record, the LNER set I purchased in Japan did not come with any track (which was a bit of a relief as I have no need for any more Unitrack).

Bealman

Beautiful model, Ian. Now you can duplicate just about every pic in that book mag I reviewed not long ago!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

1936ace

Why do the coach lighting units come as a pack of six when its only a five coach train
Bart

woodbury22uk

Quote from: 1936ace on June 03, 2021, 02:18:59 AM
Why do the coach lighting units come as a pack of six when its only a five coach train
Bart

Like the Kato DCC decoders for the Class 800, the lighting units are just a standard Kato part, sold individually or in a six pack. Kato trains come in all sizes  from one car up to 10 or more. Buy 6 x Class 800s and 5 x 6 lighting units will be just right, or buy 5 x 1 lighting units for one train.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on June 03, 2021, 12:29:29 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on May 20, 2021, 12:19:54 PM
They're being given a chance to rectify it. If they do as you say then it will go back and I'll never return to them as a customer again. They will lose out in the long run. Not that they seem to care though. Just in May I have spent over £600 with them so far and there's 11 days left, that's a lot of business to lose.

My 'replacement' (according to my supplier) GWR power unit should be with me on Thursday. Here's hoping it's a quiet one  :uneasy:

Arrived as promised today and it is very quiet so far. Now I just need to see/hear how quiet it is when I actually run it this evening  :thumbsup:

It does look like a replacement as opposed to a repaired unit too.
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jpendle

Quote from: acko22 on June 02, 2021, 11:09:36 PM

Right that's it! I am sold so I model around North West England and of course LNER don't run there but TPE did hire one of their sets for crew training purposes which ran as far as Huddersfield, so using that very tenuous link I am getting one to occasionally appear on my layout for said crew training!

I know that the only difference between the CL800 and CL802 is an uprated diesel engine and larger fuel tanks. Looking at some images on the web I can't see if there is any visible difference externally between the classes. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

If they are the same then Captain Electra;s new graphics will make a TPE CL802.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

rusticged

I have just succumbed to a GWR set from Rails and the vinyls from Adam. Really looking forward to both the LNER and TPE sets running on 'Leefield & Ashpeth.
Cheers,
Ged.
Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%