!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 115994 times)

Offline Philip.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27332
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1515 on: June 29, 2019, 06:02:51 PM »
thanks everyone, much appreciated, I love him to bits so I don't care about the money, if it is just hypothyroidism then it'll cost about £20 a month for the tablets which is nothing, and a blood test once a year just to keep a check on things. Wife reckons I care more for him than I do for her, can't think why  :hmmm: :D

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1516 on: June 29, 2019, 08:17:18 PM »
As has been said before, lock them both in a shed for 24 hours and when you let them out, see who is the most pleased to see you >:D

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #1517 on: June 29, 2019, 08:45:08 PM »
As has been said before, lock them both in a shed for 24 hours and when you let them out, see who is the most pleased to see you >:D

Bad man!

(Funny man)

Bad man!

:smiley-laughing:

Skyline2uk

Offline zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
« Reply #1518 on: June 29, 2019, 09:22:16 PM »
thanks everyone, much appreciated, I love him to bits so I don't care about the money, if it is just hypothyroidism then it'll cost about £20 a month for the tablets which is nothing, and a blood test once a year just to keep a check on things. Wife reckons I care more for him than I do for her, can't think why  :hmmm: :D

My ex's cat had the same, although the tablets were a little more (about £30 a month). As this particular cat really hated taking tablets and it would be every day, she opted for a radiotherapy treatment instead where they essentially irradiate the offending thyroid to reduce it and pretty much cure the condition. Cost about £2000 and you're not allowed near your radioactive cat for a fortnight, but the cat's still going strong some 3 years later.

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #1519 on: June 30, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »
Cats and tablets donít go together. With a dog, you just wrap the tablet in bacon and throw it for them. We tried everything to get our cat to take a worming tablet when we first got her. We crushed it in her food, but she ate all the food and left the bits of tablet. We popped it in her throat and she spat it out. Eventually took her to the vet and he gave her an injection. Fortunately for the next 11 years she never needed tablets.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Offline themadhippy

• Awards
« Reply #1520 on: June 30, 2019, 04:59:53 PM »
How to give a cat a pill:

1)  Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2)Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3) Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4)Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6)Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7)  Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8  )  Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil, and blow down drinking straw.

9)  Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10)  Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door onto neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of Scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12) Call fire brigade to retrieve the damn cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.

13)   Tie the little @!!@#@#$%'s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak filet. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14) Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and remove pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15)  Arrange for RSPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How to give a dog a pill:

1)   Wrap it in cheese.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 05:01:16 PM by themadhippy »

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+33)
    • Awards
« Reply #1521 on: June 30, 2019, 07:23:06 PM »
quote "How to give a dog a pill:

1)   Wrap it in cheese."

you know my husky  :smiley-laughing:
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1522 on: June 30, 2019, 08:58:53 PM »

Your dog, your voice or your Hillman? :confused1:

Online dannyboy

• N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #1523 on: June 30, 2019, 09:03:55 PM »
I could say I don't remember the Hillman Husky .......... but I was brought up to not tell fibs!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+33)
    • Awards
« Reply #1524 on: June 30, 2019, 11:30:47 PM »

or in his more usual, coiled spring, state poised ready to leap into action at the drop of a biscuit

typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #1525 on: July 03, 2019, 07:44:35 AM »

How to give a dog a pill:

1)   Wrap it in cheese.
You didn't know one of our no logner with us Rough Collies, who would quite happily accept the cheese and eat it.. spitting out the pill afterwards...

Online captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Rail
    • Awards
« Reply #1526 on: July 04, 2019, 08:42:47 AM »
quote "How to give a dog a pill:

1)   Wrap it in cheese."

We tried this with Harvey, our Romanian Rescue. He was able to keep the pill in his cheek for some time, spitting it out later. Even grinding the pills up and hiding in food was a nightmare...

That's the problem with ex-street dogs; they are extremely crafty. :-)

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Rail
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarail.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Offline JBQFC

• N Gauge Society Number: 9651
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #1527 on: July 11, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
not unhappy but a bit annoyed

i ordered some timber to fix the back fence i wanted 3 x 2 inch  but ordered 3 x 2 CM   :censored:

ARRRRHHH

John

Offline emjaybee

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1528 on: July 11, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »

i ordered some timber to fix the back fence i wanted 3 x 2 inch  but ordered 3 x 2 CM   :censored:

ARRRRHHH

John

:laughabovepost:

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud at that one.

Maybe you could make a scale model of the repaired fence.

;D
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #1529 on: July 11, 2019, 07:02:24 PM »

ARRRRHHH

John

It's going to be a wee fence  :(  ;D

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £61.00
Below Goal: £39.00
Site Currency: GBP
61% 
October Donations

Advertise Here