Warm Enough ?

Started by jonclox, June 30, 2015, 03:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

My breathing suffers once he temperature rises above 'nice and warm' :-\
Bad day today, any movement is an effort. So much so that Ive ordered an air conditioning unit (arriving Thursday) and in the meantime have destroyed nearly 8/9 months growth of facial fungus  and its whole population of bacteria. A warning if you do that.............. beware when looking in a mirror for the fist time afterwards. I  wondered who the ugly blighter starring back from the mirror was :o
Im told its 85F outside in the shade which to some of our colonial friends tis nothing but to us its O.T.T
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

railsquid

85F ... hmm, that's 30C in new money. You must have got all our pre-summer heat, it's unseasonally cool here (barely pushing 25C, almost long-sleeves weather).

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

It must be hot! But after the shock I'll bet all yer mates tell you that you look 10 years younger.  :thumbsup:

Try 47 degrees C, mate. Then you're cookin!

:beers: George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Basinga

Hottest I ever experienced was a day where it peaked 56C in Iraq, March 2007, while running around in full uniform, body armor and and all the kit...

Wasn't fun...

Newportnobby

Even 'oop North it is hot today so, like Jon, my face has been strimmed (found the odd birds nest and rasher of bacon :-[), the thinnest duvet has been put on the bed (they reckon it will be 20 degrees overnight) and the whiskery knitting needles (aka my legs) are being given an airing, thus scaring passers by. Luckily for them my hay fever means I can't really go out as my eyes end up all puffy and closed up 8). Supposedly even hotter tomorrow :sweat:

oscar

82F up here on t' moors!

Don't like it.............

Ditape

27.2 C here in West Swindon,to da**ed hot,been sleeping on top of the bed not in it.
Diane Tape

Sprintex

Wouldn't be without my portable air-conditioner!  8)

Bought it about five years ago as I absolutely can't stand hot weather and dread summer every year. It lives in the bedroom but with the doors open in the house the air tumbles down the stairs cooling the whole house. Also no more restless nights where it's too hot to sleep :)

Best investment I ever made :thumbsup:

Paul

Trainfish

I experienced 55+degC in Syria a few years ago (1996ish I think) but I don't remember it feeling as hot as it did today. Then again the reason it felt hot today was that I had a training day in Staines where I had to leave the car outside. It heated up like an oven so when I got back in I could hardly touch the steering wheel. Couple to that I then drove for 2.5 hours home with the AC not working and the front electric windows not working (stuck shut) and believe me, that was ruddy hot!
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

mr bachmann

Quote from: oscar on June 30, 2015, 05:02:31 PM
82F up here on t' moors!

Don't like it.............

nice n' cool here at sunny Redcar

Tdm

There's Hot and there's Hot, a lot depends on the Humidity.

In Tenerife in high Summer it regularly gets above 40 (Celsius) and sometimes hits 50, but it never feels as Hot as it is as the Humidity level usually remains good.

It is only when we get a "Calima" that it becomes uncomfortable and those with Asma and other breathing difficulties are advised to remain indoors.

A "Calima" by the way is when the sky is full of sand clouds with sand picked up from the Sahara Desert which is not to far away. The Sun's rays get trapped below these clouds and amplify and the temperature soars.

Geoff

I had to work in a boiler house today doing modifications to a control panel and I can tell you it was hot, never seen so much water coming out of my body, just the wrong day to do that job in this heat today, oh and my boss asked if I had lost weight when I got back to the office lol.

Geoff

port perran

Got to about 23 degrees here today but tempered by a strong wind which got stronger as the day progressed.
The wind was strong enough to prevent the Fowey to Mevagissey ferry running today.
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

MalcolmInN

At last,
hooray,
the climate in Blighty is becoming tolerable.
I dont think I'll need the lecy blanket to warm up my bed tonight :)
I might even be able to plant out my tomatoes soon ?
and the beans that went out 2 months ago can stop shivering.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%