!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Mk3 Intercity DVT  (Read 9766 times)

Offline bigP

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Dapol Mk3 Intercity DVT
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2015, 02:02:57 PM »
Here's an HST witha full yellow stripe buffet...
http://www.hondawanderer.com/43034_Highworth_Junction_1994.htm

Look at the poor tracklaying on that siding on the left. Hasn't he ever heards of a tracksetta?  :laughabovepost:

Yeah they're all gone now - home to a nice shiny NR electrification site.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:07:50 PM by bigP »

Offline ahodgett

• N Gauge Society Number: 16967
  • 2mm Association Number: No
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 08:38:56 AM »
Whilst I appreciate Dapol's entrance into N gauge and a lot of good things that they have doen, I too don't pre-order because their QA has and sadly still appears to be very poor. So I too won't be ordering the IC one and if all the Network Rail ones are missing the parts pack, that neither, but I will email Joel and tell him why.

I have found emails to Joel do get answered, not always immediately, and if he get lots of polite emails, I am sure he will listen. I had hoped that with the new team, there would be more attention to detail on the Mk3's but sadly maybe not. Let's hope the TGS has had a lot off attention to detail because I need them all.
Regards
Arthur

Offline Arrachogaidh

• N Gauge Society Number: 8539
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2015, 09:09:18 AM »
if all the Network Rail ones are missing the parts pack, that neither, but I will email Joel and tell him why.

Regards
Arthur

They NWR DVT's have a bag of bits. They are not missing. The only issue was that the monitoring equipment isn't present. This would have needed re-tooling so wasn't really on the cards.

Opens up an opportunity for someone to create an add-on etch or similar.

:wave:
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline ahodgett

• N Gauge Society Number: 16967
  • 2mm Association Number: No
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
Many thanks for the clarification. My heart sank when I thought both DVT's had problems. Hope someone does the etch. It might be worth suggesting to Dapol rather than a retool for things like this, they could be in the bag of bits as an etch. They have put etched nameplates in quite a few products. Or is the etch required something complex?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £40.00
Site Currency: GBP
33% 
April Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal