Calling all Formula 1 fans

Started by Newportnobby, March 13, 2014, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldun

Quote from: Mr Sprue on March 14, 2014, 05:19:00 PM
Quote from: Oldun on March 14, 2014, 04:58:00 PM
:-[ Oops  (Sorry mods)

No....No...Keep em coming  :goggleeyes: I'm sure the Mods won't mind, I certainly don't!  :)

This is the last one  :( or I'll get banned  :worried:
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Mr.Grumpy

I feel like I have to apologise to all women on behalf of my gender.

I'm no feminist, and I'm definitely no white knight but I reckon you're at risk of alienating some female members or younger guys like myself with this discussion!

If we want model railroading to remain accessible to all ages and genders then we can't be acting like pervy old men as that is the very thing that will deter young women from giving it a go.

So it would be good of you guys to make your post edits and de-daily-mail-ise this thread, then we can talk about motor racing!

^ P.s. I apologise in advance to any mods who consider this horrific back-seat moderating.

P.P.s. I mean no disrespect to the above posters either, I would gladly have this conversation elsewhere i.e. the pub.  :beers:
N Gauge Dystopian Future: Planning | Construction

Lawrence

I'm sure if George Clooney, Brad Pitt or Ashton Kutcher were presenting F1 we would be 'enjoying' pictures of them too.  This is the general discussion thread so not limited to railways or modelling, apart from the playboy vest picture which is no doubt supposed to be sexy I would be surprised if any of our lovely lady members would be offended.
And there is nothing pervy about admiring what one perceives to be a beautiful person.

Anyway I'm just gutted Paul Di Resta didn't get a drive this season, it would seem that money is more important than talent and the Russians are coming, again!  Guess I'll be on the side of Kimi this season  ;)

bridgiesimon

Sorry to contest your comment but I ain't acting like a pervie old man - I am a pervy old man hehehe!!

Anyway getting away from Suzi for a mo, I have just watched a replay of the first practice session, bloomin ell these things sound different!!!!!

No high pitched screaming engines at all, I was expecting it to be a little different but not this different but if we get a decent season with great racing then I will NOT be complaining.

Best wishes
Simon

bridgiesimon

I am also sad about DiResta, he never got the chance in F1 he deserved. McLaren should have signed him instead of Magnussen to keep a full British team although he shows lots of potential.

At least I will get to see Paul race this year, on the box, as he has signed to return to the DTM!

Best wishes
Simon

Pengi

Quote from: Mr Sprue on March 14, 2014, 05:19:00 PM
Quote from: Oldun on March 14, 2014, 04:58:00 PM
:-[ Oops  (Sorry mods)

No....No...Keep em coming  :goggleeyes: I'm sure the Mods won't mind, I certainly don't!  :)

If the pictures are subject to copyright and posted without permission, then the Mods will mind

:NGF:

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

PLD

Actually Suzi knows more about the sport than messers Humphrey and Ryder combined  8)

That she is so much prettier than previous hosts is simply an added bonus...  :heart2:

Bealman

When I went to pick up Mrs B from work yesterday arvo I popped into a pub on the way (as one does) and found meself in front of a telly with it on. They had a time trial going with a Mercedes you can buy, a V8 supercar and a Formula 1 car. Totally pointless.

Oh, so that's Suzi Perry
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

bridgiesimon

I prefer to watch my F1 on Sky as I actually get to se all the races live rather than a bucket load of highlights, ok so I do not get Suzie presenting but we have Natalie Pinkham instead, not a disappointment cos she looks great and knows her stuff!! Not going to include piccies, for those who want to, just to go google etc!

BUT, I do miss Georgie Thompson!!

Sorry guys

Simon

Newportnobby

As a Mod, I felt perhaps I should have removed the 'more glamorous' pics of Suzi.

I just couldn't bring myself to do it, though :heart2:

Mr Sprue

Sigh!.... :( How I miss that awesome sound of the V12 Ferrari!  :'(  check out how much slower the gear changes are without the aid of an ECU, back then it was a semi auto gearbox with a gear change bar mounted behind the steering wheel!

Ferrari F1/89 LOUD V12 F1 SOUND ex-Gerhard Berger

As much as I like Suzi I would much rather prefer to ride this beast  :-[ :)

Newportnobby

To this simpleton's mind, the lower 'growl' of the new 1.6 litre turbocharged engines sounds really good. However, it'll be interesting to see how they all get on with just 100kgs (135 litres) of fuel :hmmm:

Mr Sprue

Quote from: newportnobby on March 14, 2014, 09:57:02 PM
To this simpleton's mind, the lower 'growl' of the new 1.6 litre turbocharged engines sounds really good.

Even better then when they are racing wheel to wheel, they might even sound like a V12.... :no:

You have a point regarding the 100 litres of fuel though, one name that does spring to mind regarding conservation is Lewis Hamilton. But there will be an onboard computer to work out how much fuel is being burnt off so the driver if needed can be told to turn down the wick. ::)

P.S.  "Simpleton"  please explain?

bridgiesimon

Fuel and reliability seem to be the big issues, Lotus guy the other day said that with a massive amount of luck they may get one of their cars to the end of the first race! Lots of confidence there then!!

I would prefer to not have this issue with fuel and tyre conservation, I want to see the best drivers in the world racing the best cars in the world flat out from lights to flag, not poodling to ensure they get to the end.

Bah Humbug!!!

heheh

Simon

Sprintex

Quote from: bridgiesimon on March 14, 2014, 11:06:53 PM
I would prefer to not have this issue with fuel and tyre conservation, I want to see the best drivers in the world racing the best cars in the world flat out from lights to flag, not poodling to ensure they get to the end.

Well said :thumbsup: It's meant to be about racing and who's the fastest/best team combo.

Paul

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations