Calling all Formula 1 fans

Started by Newportnobby, March 13, 2014, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgiesimon

Check out the news, big development after the race yesterday oops Red Bull!! Wahay McLaren
best wishes
Simon

ParkeNd

Quote from: Bealman on March 16, 2014, 11:08:16 AM
Dear oh dear. We are a bit  car tragic over there, aren't we.  ;D

As I type this, they are dismantling the stands, etc in Melbourne and will be moving it all off to the next circus! Wherever that is....?  :sleep:

Vroom brum!

Oh... wasn't he a little car filling in the Magic Roundabout slot?

Whatever happened to Brum?  :(

Brim is the star attraction at the museum at Bourton on the Water in the Cotswolds.

Bealman

I acquired that info from earlier in the thread.

Thanks, though!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ParkeNd

Quote from: Bealman on March 17, 2014, 08:35:15 AM
I acquired that info from earlier in the thread.

Thanks, though!

Must have been from the post "Google is you friend".  I found out by going to Bourton in the Water lots of times.

So you actually got on Google and found out for yourself. You could have done that earlier without prompting George. Saved us the bother.

Wonder where Wollongong is?  And what are the opening hours of the Hangdog Climbing Gym.

Newportnobby

Quote from: bridgiesimon on March 17, 2014, 08:04:19 AM
Check out the news, big development after the race yesterday oops Red Bull!! Wahay McLaren
best wishes
Simon

Not so fast, Simon :no:
From what I heard the fuel flow sensor is an FIA part fitted to all cars and Red Bull's computer data shows different results to the sensor. Their argument therefore is the sensor was faulty.
I guess we won't know until the results of their appeal :hmmm:

bridgiesimon

Yeah but reports suggest they used a non FIA part instead. Be an interesting argument based on the original being unreliable and then the replacement allegedly allowing too much fuel to flow.
would not be surprised if the appeal is thrown out.
simon

Oldun

Are they actually racing cars these days, or just playing the ultimate computer game :whistle:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Zunnan

Were they not told before the race that there was a discrepancy? As well as during the race as well...They were made aware and chose to do nothing, well, no; they chose to tell Ricciardo to hit the pips. They could have easily taken the hit in performance and dialed it down and then blamed the FIA device for costing them a few points rather than telling their driver to ramp it up and then subsequently be disqualified. On the form of the cars (or complete lack of form in Red Bulls case) I can fully believe that they were using more fuel at times, Ricciardo came from nowhere in both qualifying and the race, completely against the previous performance of the car. Even so, well played McLaren, nice to have you back; and comiserations to Mercedes and Williams for not having both cars finish. Bottas had an absolute stonker of a race.
Like a Phoenix from the ashes...morelike a rotten old Dog Bone

bridgiesimon

Totally agree, I do not think it was a coincidence that this occurred at the same time as a peak in performance.

I was really pleased to see Williams running so well again and love their new sponsor and livery, roll on the next race.

Simon

Luke Piewalker

The reports I've read suggest the other teams dialled it back a bit to allow for issues with the flow sensor...

Lawrence

The mere fact that we are having this discussion proves, to me at least, how ridiculous F1 has become now.  Teams should be given a maximum budget for the season, a limit on engine quotas and cubic capacity and then allowed to race their cars instead of the priority being managing them around a circuit.  Let them use as much fuel as they want, no restrictions on wings etc, let them really innovate instead of tying their hands all the time
This is, supposed to be, motor racing not vehicle management.  It is already the safest the sport has ever been, just let them race for goodness sake.

trainsdownunder

Quote from: Lawrence on March 20, 2014, 08:27:05 AM
The mere fact that we are having this discussion proves, to me at least, how ridiculous F1 has become now.  Teams should be given a maximum budget for the season, a limit on engine quotas and cubic capacity and then allowed to race their cars instead of the priority being managing them around a circuit.  Let them use as much fuel as they want, no restrictions on wings etc, let them really innovate instead of tying their hands all the time
This is, supposed to be, motor racing not vehicle management.  It is already the safest the sport has ever been, just let them race for goodness sake.

Complete agreement  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bealman

Does all that mean you are sticking up for our young Aussie, then?  ???
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

bridgiesimon

Totally agree with the comments. Please let them race!! I do not know of another series like it. Would be like telling footballers to walk around for most of the match and only run for the last 10 minutes!!
get rid of all the driver aids as well and the auto gearboxes!!

Simon

Kipper

My local football team seem to come across other teams who play that way. The number of games they have lost in the last few minutes is beyond a joke.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations