Calling all Formula 1 fans

Started by Newportnobby, March 13, 2014, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I'm going for the debut Aussie... wots his name? Richardio?  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Luke Piewalker

I'm now saying nothing so's as not to spoil it for those waiting for the highlights on the proper telly  :-X

Bealman

OK... but Richarddio or whatever did ok . There. Nondescriptive result.  Don't wanna spoil Sunday TV!

;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

George

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Bealman on March 16, 2014, 12:46:53 AM
How does the driver see where he's going

Satnav maybe?  :hmmm:

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on March 16, 2014, 06:29:42 AM
I'm quite liking the quieter engine noise, you can now hear so many other things going on around the car  :thumbsup:

Not for me they are starting to sound a bit like F2 cars, remove another 2 cylinders and job done.
However I have to add the sound of turbo's whistled sweetly, but no way as sweet as a Thumpers! ::)

Luke Piewalker

I'm loving it. The whine of the drivetrain, the squeal of the tyres when they leave the pits. It had never occurred to me before because you couldn't hear it over the engine, but of course the tyres squeal!

Bealman

Dear oh dear. We are a bit  car tragic over there, aren't we.  ;D

As I type this, they are dismantling the stands, etc in Melbourne and will be moving it all off to the next circus! Wherever that is....?  :sleep:

Vroom brum!

Oh... wasn't he a little car filling in the Magic Roundabout slot?

Whatever happened to Brum?  :(

scotsoft

I'm quite liking the quieter engine noise, you can now hear so many other things going on around the car  :thumbsup:

Well I miss the sound of those engines, it has taken much of the enjoyment away for me   :'(  :thumbsdown:  :veryangry:

cheers John.

Sprintex

Mr Sprue

Quote from: scotsoft on March 16, 2014, 03:16:28 PM

Well I miss the sound of those engines, it has taken much of the enjoyment away for me   :'(  :thumbsdown:  :veryangry:

cheers John.

Me too.  :'(

Kipper

Quote from: scotsoft on March 16, 2014, 03:16:28 PM

cheers John.

Stand anywhere on the A38 between Mansfield and the M1, and your engine noise enjoyment will return!

longbridge

For those that miss the sound it may be a good idea to take up Bee Keeping as a hobby, you can hear that buzz whenever you feel like it  ;D ;D ;D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

Oldun

Re my posting for:

http://www.brandshatchmastersfestival.com/index.php/event-news/item/73-f1-celebration-for-brands-hatch-festival

It seems that I am taking part on the Sunday. Will be on the Series 2 Club stand and at the
end of the day we get the chance to do a lap around the racing circuit in our Land Rovers  :claphappy:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

trainsdownunder

Brands Hatch will always hold a soft spot for me (or should it be a sore spot). Although the scene of the majority of my high speed get-offs, I managed a least one tumble at every bend on the club circuit, it generally had more run-off area than any other circuit and for me felt a "safe circuit".

longbridge

Quote from: trainsdownunder on March 17, 2014, 05:59:41 AM
Brands Hatch will always hold a soft spot for me (or should it be a sore spot). Although the scene of the majority of my high speed get-offs, I managed a least one tumble at every bend on the club circuit, it generally had more run-off area than any other circuit and for me felt a "safe circuit".

Crikey Col that description sounds like Brisbane in peak hour  :doh:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations