what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonglum and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

kusojiji

#7080
Quote from: port perran on September 28, 2026, 03:04:17 PMI've been building or, to be more accurate, bodging a station building this afternoon.

Listening to a music compilation of suggested tracks I came across Kristina Train and was rather taken by this :

Great voice! The video had me for a moment as I thought the actress was Inger Stevens, who was on Hang 'Em High with Clint Eastwood, but the actress is actually Catherine Deneuve.

grumbeast

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 28, 2026, 04:35:26 PMVery 1960s, redolent of Peter Sarstedt's hit "Where do you go to, my lovely?"

That was great, but it has me jumping back in time and place, so I've got my French hat on (and I may have to go run my 'Mistral' :)

Listening to some of my favourite French female singers.  While it's a cover of the incomparable Barbara, this rendition of 'Göttingen' by Julie Fuchs is beautiful, just right to slow you down after work.  I so want to be sitting outside a lovely French Cafe, sipping my coffee right now





port perran

Quote from: grumbeast on Yesterday at 03:25:04 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on September 28, 2026, 04:35:26 PMVery 1960s, redolent of Peter Sarstedt's hit "Where do you go to, my lovely?"

That was great, but it has me jumping back in time and place, so I've got my French hat on (and I may have to go run my 'Mistral' :)

Listening to some of my favourite French female singers.  While it's a cover of the incomparable Barbara, this rendition of 'Göttingen' by Julie Fuchs is beautiful, just right to slow you down after work.  I so want to be sitting outside a lovely French Cafe, sipping my coffee right now

Unfortunately, I can't access your video.


port perran

#7084
Something else that popped up whilst I was listening to my Daily Recommendation from Tidal.

I like this but I'm not at all sure what others will make of it. It's a band with an interesting but chequered history.

Just one thing.........stick with it :


Newportnobby

Quote from: port perran on Today at 12:30:05 PMJust one thing.........stick with it :


I'm glad you wrote that, or I'd have swerved it after a couple of minutes. Some great harmonies, she has a powerful voice. The guitar sound wasn't right for me - I think it may have sounded better on a Les Paul :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £135.67
Above Goal: £35.67
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
September Donations