!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 152975 times)

Jimmy77 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online themadhippy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #1860 on: July 10, 2020, 10:23:18 PM »
Its a well know fact alcohol leads to aggression
Don't fart before your arse is ready

Offline stevewalker

• Awards
« Reply #1861 on: Yesterday at 12:05:37 AM »
Having spent months completely redoing the kitchen (even a new ceiling and wiring), we are getting to the end. We want to get the cupboard doors on and make sure everything is properly squared up before calling someone in to measure up and fit granite or quartz worktops. We are running out of time to do this before our holiday (narrowboating, booked back in January) and so ordered handles last week, so that I could fit the doors this weekend. I checked the tracking number on Friday morning, expecting delivery later in the day, only to find that they have been held in Hermes' depot in Liverpool since Tuesday as the parcel is damaged. I urgently need them this weekend and the package contains 30 handles, even though I only require 22, so even if some are lost or damaged, I will probably be okay. Hermes have no number that lets you speak to a person and using their automated phone service simply directs me to Packlist SL (apparently Ebay), who have no contact numbers either. I managed to use the online chat to speak to Ebay (the Hermes one turned into an email and someone will "get back to you"), Ebay's chat cut me off, because it was taking me too long to type in all the details. The supplier has promised to get back as soon as he can find out what has happened. All I needed was to speak to a person at the depot, who could tell me if at least 22 handles  were still there and intact and they could have just sent it on to me (I'd have even driven the 35 miles each way to pick them up to get them on time) - instead I have had to pay to buy again from another supplier and for next-day delivery. It's all well and good for courier companies to have automated systems, but they can only cope with "my parcel has not arrived" after the due date, "my parcel is marked as delivered, but I have not received it" and the like - there is no option for "you have my parcel and have held it and I need to talk to someone"  :veryangry:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1862 on: Yesterday at 09:30:03 AM »
Oh dear. I'm expecting a parcel from Herpes :uneasy:
Luckily it's not urgent, though.

Online class37025

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • Awards
« Reply #1863 on: Yesterday at 10:26:54 AM »
Its a well know fact alcohol leads to aggression

as does not being able to get to it  :smiley-laughing:
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Online Philip.

• N Gauge Society Number: 27332
    • Awards
« Reply #1864 on: Yesterday at 10:36:09 AM »
I don't know if there are problems with Royal Mail/Parcelforce in the Cornwall area, but they seem to have ground to a halt. The past 3 months of lockdown they have been brilliant but I have 2 items with Royal Mail and 1 with Parcelforce all sitting in the local DO for the last 2 days saying they are ready for delivery.

Not seen sight nor sound of the Postie since Wednesday or any Parcelforce vans knocking around, somethings amiss  :veryangry:
Be careful whose toes you step on, they might be attached to the foot that kicks your backside in the future!

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #1865 on: Yesterday at 11:54:43 AM »
Seems to be ok here Phillip.
However, we doget days when Iím pretty sure postie doesnít put In an appearance.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Trainfish

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #1866 on: Yesterday at 12:42:00 PM »
We only have deliveries on days with a 'u' in them. This was proved last week when I had some backscenes delivered on Sunday !
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Online themadhippy

• Awards
« Reply #1867 on: Yesterday at 02:22:11 PM »
Maybe they've moved all the parcel staff to letters after the post office got hit with a fine for late deliverys
Don't fart before your arse is ready

Online class37025

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • Awards
« Reply #1868 on: Today at 02:34:12 PM »
re reply 1856

"including two on my driveway, no one asked permission.."

so, trespass ?

possibly fly tipping ?

possibly obstruction ?

I'd remove the signs and stack them out of my way.
then I'd phone council and explain someone has flytipped some scrap metal on my drive.

when they turn up and say 'the signs are ours' my response would be to ask why no attempt to gain my permission, and what were they paying per day to leave their property on my private property.

might not get you very far, but would wind them up.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:35:42 PM by class37025 »
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal