New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 422240 times)

Offline RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #5850 on: December 06, 2018, 11:33:21 AM »
 :veryangry:
I know it's Pantomime season, but really!

Spoiler: show

Oh no it isn't!

Trains That Changed The World (S1 E6) The Supertrains at 40 minutes (ish) in.

Yet another flippin' cheeky adAPTation of history! :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #5851 on: December 09, 2018, 04:06:05 PM »
Hi all,

Not been on here before so apologies if been discussed before.

Last week we scrapped an old car that we used for taking the dogs to the common for walks. It was dying and beyond repair but was insured until the end of December.

We have just called the Insurance Company to let them know it was scrapped, possibly hoping for a refund for the next 6 weeks, only to be told that it would be 45 to cancel the policy. So, bit shocked, we said 'well, we'll just keep the policy, that we'd paid up front for a year, until it expires'.

'You can't do that now' it's company policy. 'If you don't pay we'll take you to court'.

'But if we hadn't told you, you would never of known. We were just being honest', we replied. 'Sorry, company policy'.

We spoke to a Manager, same response. Money grabbing  :censored:.

Fuming!!!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest and any ideas appreciated.

Cheers weave  :beers:

I feel like going down to the South Coast and sticking one in their eye if that gives you a clue to who they are. (Not sure if you can mention names on here).

Hi all,

Just to say that the Battle of Hastings is over. Credit where credit's due, they backed down and waved the cancellation fee as a gesture of goodwill but lots of phone calls to get there. Must read small print more often, although I know I won't.

Cheers weave.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #5852 on: December 09, 2018, 09:11:24 PM »
Glad you got a result in the end, Weave. To my mind that should never have happened in the first place, though :unimpressed:

Online dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #5853 on: December 09, 2018, 09:33:21 PM »
I love that phrase that companies come out with - "a gesture of goodwill". It implies that they are doing you a huge favour and yes,the small print probably does say that they were in the right all the time, but being 'in the right', does not make it right! Glad it was sorted Weave.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here