What did Santa bring

Started by Oldman, December 25, 2012, 08:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinntopia

I was apparently a good boy this year and was rewarded with a couple of "surprises" (as they were on a list I left around, they weren't too much of a surprise!) under the tree:

One of the 'new' G2000 loks from Hobbytrain, which from all the evidence of having compared them to the Mehano version, are indeed the exact same locomotive as provided by Mehano a few years back.  This is a good thing as the Mehano G2000 is extremely well done, the main draw back given the extremely difficult task of removing the shell to install the decoder:

Also from Hobbytrain/Lemke/Kato is the new HLE 18 - which I think is the same as the Vectron with printing and livery changes (don't know if that's correct for the prototypes at all).  I really like the sleek, elegant paint scheme of these Belgians.  The only downside of this locomotive is the use of printing or decals to represent the side drivers window and front vents, which seems like a very 1970's standard, not up to contemporary:

And finally (and off topic for this thread), is a MicroAce Kiha 261:

So...anyone else have anything to share?

Sprintex

Thanks Paul, I have merged the post  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

redtrain

Having dropped a few hints over the past months I was very pleased with what I was given. Some interesting rolling stock, but the highlights were:

Hobbytrain H2960 BR 193 Vectron

I was particularly happy with this engine. Hobbytrain initially released 5 versions of the Vectron with the DNA version having 4 pantos so it can run on the various European systems. The extra bit of detail on the roof is fantastic. This variant is no longer in production so can be a bit tricky to find. I find the Vectrons rather nice. As I understand it Amtrak has ordered a variant of the Vectron for serivce on the Northeast Corridor that would be a nice engine to have someday.

[smg id=3053]

Piko 40202 BR 442 Talent 2 - 2 Car Variant

Piko has released the Talent 2 as 5 and 4 car variants to which the 2 car one was added this year. According to the new catalog a 3 car version will be out in 2013 so they come in any flavour desired. So far it has proved a great little EMU, good amount of detail, interior lighting, and interior details.

[smg id=3054]

Marcus

swisstony

Well it wasn't really bought by Santa just exchanged by me forgone Santa cash ;)

As they say... You dont get many of these about!!

And yes im not going senile....it's 'N' not 0rribly 0versized :)

Sprintex

What is it? Not a diesel I've seen before  ???

Paul

swisstony

Quote from: Sprintex on December 30, 2012, 09:10:36 PM

Paul

Have I finally outfoxed old Sprintex :toot:

Google LMS Twins - they only made two, both unfortunately scrapped in 1964!
:D

Looky here too
http://youtu.be/XQV2TnsE-eA

sidetnee

A pair of Dapol 153's in Northern/Northwestern livery, 1 powered, 1 dummy. Very happy with them too!

Sprintex

Quote from: swisstony on December 30, 2012, 09:14:41 PM
Have I finally outfoxed old Sprintex

Firstly, not so much of the 'old'  :slap:

I know very little about trains away from the East Coast, so it's not difficult to show me something I have no clue about - up until about two years ago I had no idea what a Blue Pullman was either :D Whatever these LMS things were they must have been rubbish if they only built two and scrapped them so quickly?  :whistle:

Paul

swisstony

Touché my friend :D hope my new one is not too slow lol!! It'll look good on a blackstock railtour with full Pullman mk1's ... sometime soon I hope ;)

lil chris

I bought the Black 5 and here is what santa brought me, well from my son.

Can't wait to run the black five must finish wiring the track now.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

daveg

Quote from: swisstony on December 30, 2012, 09:14:41 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on December 30, 2012, 09:10:36 PM

Paul

Have I finally outfoxed old Sprintex :toot:

Google LMS Twins - they only made two, both unfortunately scrapped in 1964!
:D

Looky here too
http://youtu.be/XQV2TnsE-eA

Rails of Sheffield are advertising a twin pack! https://railsofsheffield.com/lms-twins/

Dave G

Calnefoxile

Quote from: daveg on December 31, 2012, 08:55:50 AM

Rails of Sheffield are advertising a twin pack! https://railsofsheffield.com/lms-twins/

Dave G

Dave,

Unfortunately for us, these will be in that other scale 'Orribly Oversize  ;) ;)

There is an N Gauge version but it is a kit, by Knightwing I think, if you can find one that is  :hmmm:

Regards

Neal.

daveg

Quote from: Calnefoxile on December 31, 2012, 09:13:01 AM
Quote from: daveg on December 31, 2012, 08:55:50 AM

Dave G

Dave,

Unfortunately for us, these will be in that other scale 'Orribly Oversize  ;) ;)

There is an N Gauge version but it is a kit, by Knightwing I think, if you can find one that is  :hmmm:

Regards

Neal.

Sorry guys, I'd missed that vital bit of info!  :dunce:

Dave G

EtchedPixels

Happy happy happy... spent my Amazon vouchers on a sensibly priced copy of Dow's Great Central Railway 3 volume set
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Calnefoxile

LOOK WHAT SANTA HAS JUST DELIVERED TO ME courtesy of SWMBO  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

I know it won't qualify for the 1st purchase of 2013 but does it qualify for the last purchase of 2012  :D :D

Regards

Neal.

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE ON  :NGaugeForum:

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations