Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Quote from: willintas on September 28, 2014, 07:37:32 AM
Well i Don't model U.S But saw this little switcher and had to come home with me as i love small loco's,diesel and steam.

Know the feeling  When I modelled in OO I always hankered after a Riverossi model of a shunter made from a Fiat 500 with buffers!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

cjdodd

Picked up my Dapol Class 58 from the post office this morning. £50 bargain.

marco neri

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

GeeBee

Just received my replacement Class 58 from Dapol running it in as I type this not bad response 7 days from first phone call

Northman

[smg id=16840 type=preview align=center caption="My latest and first"]

LNER J39 from Union Mills with DCC expertly fitted by Wickness Models.

First time I have owned and handled an N Gauge engine - truly delighted.

Plainline.

Quote from: Northman on October 04, 2014, 07:36:26 AM
[smg id=16840 type=preview align=center caption="My latest and first"]

LNER J39 from Union Mills with DCC expertly fitted by Wickness Models.

First time I have owned and handled an N Gauge engine - truly delighted.
I have a Union Mills J39 myself. A wise choice, excellent locomotive.

Tdm

Thinking of the environment I went all "green" with mine, and here it is pictured alongside the Graham Farish version. Notice it is taller than the Farish model and a lot heavier.

steve836

Quote from: Tdm on October 04, 2014, 09:54:44 AM
Thinking of the environment I went all "green" with mine, and here it is pictured alongside the Graham Farish version. Notice it is taller than the Farish model and a lot heavier.

Mine is in B.R. black. It may not be as well detailed as the Farish , but it can pull a scale length train Which is more than can be said for Farish or Dapol. As I have now gone Midland am pretending its a 4F. I am seriously considering getting the Union Mills 7F. for my heavy mineral traffic as it does look a bit odd to have an 060 on coal trains and an 8F on pick-up.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

mickjsg

Just received this in the post a couple of days ago.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/38737/ND209Z_Dapol_Class_122_Single_Car_DMU_number_960015

I think the pictures on the site are horrendous and don't do it any justice. Looks amazing in person,  not at all plasticky, which gave me a little buyer's remorse until I saw it. :P

Will try and get decent pictures on my next day off.

mickjsg

http://www.osbornsmodels.com/osborns-set-3-27785-p.asp

Somehow forgot to mention that I bought my first set!
Arrived today but as I'm on nightshift I had to leave it in its box.

oreamnos

OK, these are not locos or stock but they are certainly accessories for same.  I had to do some rearranging to fit in the new Brighton Belle.  Unfortunately SWMBO has decreed a third one is out of the question, even though I could fill it!

Matt

Greybeema

I like to purchase whole trains at a time if possible.  So I had my set of 5 Autoballasters headed by a Class 73 but I decided there was something missing.  This has at last been sorted...

Class 73s seem to go around in pairs nowadays...

Now all I need to is figure out how to explain the next package which is to turn up (Brighton Belle)...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Denemarken

Now that is one nice looking locomotive, Possibly double heading as companies are expecting more wagons to be moved at one time than previously or expected to match newer locomotives
Ready To Learn & Thank You For The Warm Welcome

Denemarken

Saw this on eBay and decided to go for it, It does have split gears but thinking for £45.00 not bad price but I could be wrong

Manufacturer: Graham Farish
Scale: N Gauge
Product Code: 371-654
Product Title: Class 57/0 diesel 57011 in DRS livery

Ready To Learn & Thank You For The Warm Welcome

NeMo

Quote from: mickjsg on October 04, 2014, 06:18:51 PM
http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/38737/ND209Z_Dapol_Class_122_Single_Car_DMU_number_960015
I think the pictures on the site are horrendous and don't do it any justice. Looks amazing in person,  not at all plasticky, which gave me a little buyer's remorse until I saw it. :P
Will try and get decent pictures on my next day off.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Like you, I wasn't completely impressed by the photos; the bright red bufferbeams in particular look a little vivid! But it's an interesting prototype. Just crying out for some weathering, including black blobs of grease on the buffers!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations