Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60156 Great Central

Looks like a good choice - very smart in that livery :)

Denemarken

Thank You !

One of those I like the look so I'm having it moments lol
Ready To Learn & Thank You For The Warm Welcome

cjdodd

There is just something magically appealing about a 37

CarriageShed

Quote from: Denemarken on September 12, 2014, 01:45:38 PM
Manufacturer: Graham Farish
Scale: N Gauge
Product Code: 371-466
Product Title: Class 37/0 diesel 37035 in BR Civil Engineers "Dutch" livery

£79.50 From Rails Of Sheffield

This is my first ever Ngauge loco ever, So looking forward to recieving it and I'll do a newbie review too

As a first ever N Gauge buy, that's not a bad start. Mind you, I'd still rather have a Deltic.  ;)

Denemarken

Thanks guy's something about it drawn me to it, Been looking on Hattons as wagon's for a rake behind it but stopped when I realised I had no idea what a grampus wagon is or the identification number either lol,  Reading up as we speak lol

The Deltic was a Starter Set I was looking at but got given a 90's Graham Farish Transformer and some track so decided against it :(

EDIT: Thank You button doesn't work at work but Thank You ;)

scotsoft

The Thank You button is working for me as I just gave you one  ;)

cheers John.

Denemarken

Released from English Electric Vulcan Foundry 17/04/1962
Cut up at Booth's Rotherham 12/01/2000

Had a quick Google lookup and found this, A photo of the actual 37035 being cut up in Rotherham, Feeling all sad now seeing it like that  :(

COPYRIGHTED BY ACTIONWELLSJUNCTION, Available Here https://www.flickr.com/photos/actonwellsjunction/8010480799/

60156 Great Central

Quote from: Denemarken on September 12, 2014, 05:34:35 PM

Had a quick Google lookup and found this, A photo of the actual 37035 being cut up in Rotherham, Feeling all sad now seeing it like that  :(

COPYRIGHTED BY ACTIONWELLSJUNCTION, Available Here https://www.flickr.com/photos/actonwellsjunction/8010480799/

I like to think of it this way, by having a lost member of the a class on your model railway you are rescuing it from the scrapyard :D

Denemarken

Yeah very true lol, Thinking the first locomotive I own is gone but forever remembered on my layout. Been looking at images on Google to see what type of wagons it used to haul and I'm surprised at the variant in real life never expected such a diverse range

talisman56

Quote from: 60156 Great Central on September 12, 2014, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: Denemarken on September 12, 2014, 05:34:35 PM

I like to think of it this way, by having a lost member of the a class on your model railway you are rescuing it from the scrapyard :D

Exactly my thinking when I contemplated renumbering my Blue 'JB' EDL to E6027...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Chetcombe

25 231 on the rolling road being run in...

Lovely little model, but I have to say Dapol's factory weathering as seen on the recent Westerns is way superior to the weathering on this Class 25... just sayin'
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

CarriageShed

Quote from: scotsoft on September 12, 2014, 05:33:51 PM

cheers John.

You may want to rephrase that...  ;)

bridgiesimon

Lovely little model, but I have to say Dapol's factory weathering as seen on the recent Westerns is way superior to the weathering on this Class 25... just sayin'
[/quote]

Totally agree, especially the roof detail area with the black on the fan grills etc. This is why I ordered the unweathered one instead.

Best wishes
Simon

scotsoft

Quote from: Pete33 on September 12, 2014, 10:33:51 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on September 12, 2014, 05:33:51 PM

cheers John.

You may want to rephrase that...  ;)

Was it good for you?  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Denemarken

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations