!!

Have You Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
'Tank' and The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 190280 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #2610 on: April 08, 2022, 06:57:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about your Mum Mick, hopefully she will be okay. Even though we do not know her, apart from your previous comments, you can tell her that she has a lot of friends on the forum wishing her well. As regards the rest of your post, (apart from the paramedics), absolutely  :censored: ridiculous - and that is putting it mildly!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 06:59:34 PM by dannyboy »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2611 on: April 08, 2022, 07:00:41 PM »
Thanks, David. I moved what furniture I needed to allow the trolley to be brought in but when I saw the size of the two blokes I had to move more!! Big beggars, they were :goggleeyes:

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2612 on: April 08, 2022, 07:01:04 PM »
We're all thinking of your mum Mick. Hope she receives the best treatment and makes a speedy recovery.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #2613 on: April 08, 2022, 07:12:19 PM »

Online Nbodger

• N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
« Reply #2614 on: April 08, 2022, 07:16:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about your mum Mick, hope she makes a good recovery, take care and look after yourself, she will need you when they discharge her.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #2615 on: April 08, 2022, 07:20:29 PM »
From where she fell, I can only surmise she tripped somehow on her slippers. I know a few folks who have had accidents down to slippers and wonder what sort of percentage such falls make up of the total. The clue might be in the name. I do struggle with my own at times but then again my clothes try to kill me every morning and night :uneasy:

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #2616 on: April 08, 2022, 11:07:36 PM »
Very sad to hear this Mick. Strength to you and best wishes for your Mum for a speedy recovery.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline stevewalker

• N Gauge Society Number: 29704
    • Awards
« Reply #2617 on: April 09, 2022, 12:05:35 AM »
My grandmother broke her hip when she was 93. She was soon up and about after surgery. So all the best to your mother.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #2618 on: April 10, 2022, 10:01:09 AM »
An update for anyone interested.........
Mum was due an op Saturday but it got bumped to today. Now they've decided to do an echogram but they don't do those on Sundays so echogram tomorrow then op to be decided on.
Visiting is limited to 1 person between 1pm and 3pm but only for 1 hour max, so my eldest sis and self can't go together. It also means everyone visiting will be funnelled into a 2 hour time gap and parking at Preston was a nightmare at the best of times ::)
I am, however, happy she's getting an echogram as she's been waiting on Chorley hospital for months for one. There has to be a silver lining in this cloud but a shame it took something drastic to get this test.

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Up we go, oh yeah!
    • Awards
« Reply #2619 on: April 10, 2022, 10:13:23 AM »
Sounds like a horrible long hospital waiting game.

Best of luck with this, Mick. Good luck! Neither of us are strangers to surgery, and if it cheers you up, I had to laugh about the battle with your clothes, I have the same problem with me socks  :beers:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 10:14:48 AM by Bealman »
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline paulbeckwith

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #2620 on: April 10, 2022, 10:44:16 AM »

hi  mick

we  are  all  interested  on  peoples  problems ,...  you  know  we  are  a  noisy  lot   ...   hope  for  a  speedy  result  for  your  mum

paul

Offline Crash-Box

• Awards
« Reply #2621 on: April 10, 2022, 10:49:02 AM »
I know the NHS do their best and glad of it, but hospitals are a pain at the moment mainly due to Covid precautions. I've had to go to ours more than I would have liked recently. One occasion recently when the weather was at it's most severe, my wife was feeling unwell so 'phoned 111 at 8.30 pm who said a doctor would ring back. At 4.00 am next morning one did and said she should go to A and E straight away. I took her, was there before 5, a big waiting area with only one other couple but they wouldn't let me stay with her, said I'd have to wait in the car. it was dark, pouring, blowing a hooley and freezing. I could see her through the glass, when nothing had happened after over a hour, I texted her and told her I'd go home, give me a ring. It was another couple of hours before I got the call (fortunately to fetch her home).
Then a couple of weeks ago I had an appointment for a ten minute procedure at the same hospital. Three days before I had to drive the 16 miles each way for a 30-second drive through covid test and then isolate until the treatment. Despite having lateral flow test kits here and having tested negative only a few days before on the ongoing ONS random test scheme - what happened to "living with covid"?
(No complaints about the treatment or the people doing it BTW, or our GP practice which is superb.)
Bernard

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #2622 on: April 10, 2022, 10:49:58 AM »
if it cheers you up, I had to laugh about the battle with your clothes, I have the same problem with me socks  :beers:

Yeah - this getting old malarkey really sucks >:(
My main issue is my balance is shot so standing on one leg is not easy (but storks make it look so). Thus socks, underdungees and jeans etc all plot to make me dive headlong into the wall, bedside table etc :ouch:
I'm not too proud to sit on my bed and don/remove socks but do try to stand for everything else and that could be the source of my danger :uneasy:

Offline steve836

• N Gauge Society Number: 22948
    • Awards
« Reply #2623 on: April 10, 2022, 11:05:14 AM »
I too have problems balancing (especially when I've had a couple or three) but find that I can put my socks on ok if I have one foot on the floor and one on the foot of the bed, but  SWMBO always has to  come to me to put her socks on.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: Lapsed
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2624 on: April 10, 2022, 11:20:54 AM »
but find that I can put my socks on ok if I have one foot on the floor and one on the foot of the bed

I tried that once, but being in the top bunk was never going to be a good starting point :no:

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £70.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
117% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal