The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebrighton

A couple of weeks ago a guy evidently knocked on my parents front door (they're in their 80's) to say they had a tile that had slipped. He offered to pop and sort it for free. Whilst up there he "noticed" a loose ridge tile and quoted them an exorbitant amount. They said they'd have to pay by cheque so he got aggressive and left.
Today 2 chaps turned up and said there were 3 loose ridge tiles and proceeded to go up to fix them. It looks like a bit of polyfilla was smeared along the join.
Then one came inside and went upstairs then demanded cash for the work. Mum then got out a pile of cash, somewhere around £400 (who knows why she had it). The bloke snatched it out of her hand and said they'd be back on Tuesday for another £160 owed.
The bloody nerve of these people. Anyhow Police called and details taken but they admitted it was unlikely they'd have the resources to investigate.
Looks like I'll have to spend Tuesday around their house in case he turns up when the Police have instructed me to dial 999.
I could do without this stress and the amount of times I've had this chat with my parents as it's not the first time  :(

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%