The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

My gripe these days is the way the person being interviewed asks themselves the questions. For example, "Do I think Fred Bloggs should be picked in the midfield? Yes, he's the right person for the job. Is there anyone else who can play here? Not at this moment no".

Do I think the above makes sense to others? To some yes, but maybe not all.

Damn, there I go doing it myself now!  :hmmm:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Balloon_726

Quote from: Trainfish on June 24, 2014, 12:31:16 AM
My gripe these days is the way the person being interviewed asks themselves the questions. For example, "Do I think Fred Bloggs should be picked in the midfield? Yes, he's the right person for the job. Is there anyone else who can play here? Not at this moment no".

Do I think the above makes sense to others? To some yes, but maybe not all.

Damn, there I go doing it myself now!  :hmmm:

Ahh I remember being trained on how to do interviews like that as well ... so you as the presenter / interviewer can cut your own voice out of the recording so its just the interviewee .... been there done that... all i can say is im really sorry... but its just how things are done be it good or bad  :sorrysign:

scotsoft

Another phrase that seems to have crept in is when someone is asked a question and they reply "That is a good question" before going on to answer the question  :help:

Trainfish

And another response. "Yeah no". Make your mind up will you?!? It's one or the other, they are complete opposites!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Greybeema

Personally, myself, I hate tautology.

And why steal Michael Schumacher's medical records - how sick...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

talisman56

Quote from: scotsoft on June 24, 2014, 12:55:18 AM
Another phrase that seems to have crept in is when someone is asked a question and they reply "That is a good question" before going on to answer the question  :help:

Well used by politicians down the ages - except when they reply "That is a good question", they proceed not to...  >:(
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

MikeDunn

Quote from: talisman56 on June 24, 2014, 08:31:20 AM
Quote from: scotsoft on June 24, 2014, 12:55:18 AM

Well used by politicians down the ages - except when they reply "That is a good question", they proceed not to...  >:(
That's a very good question, but what you really should be asking is "Should all people seeking elected office be immediately excluded from such ?" and the answer to that is of course a resounding "YES".

Greybeema

"That's a good question" means hold on while I figure out how to answer the question with the answer I have rehearsed...

Eg "what's the weather going to be"
"It's a complete policy u-turn by the opposition and our government never does policy u-turns".

Simples

:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Northman

anyone else having trouble right now with internet in UK?

I can get on here but not on several other websites - including Ebay where I have several things running.

My wife can't get onto Ancestry so is not a happy bunny either! ???

Newportnobby

Yup - about 10.10 this morning I couldn't access various sites, including the forum :'(
Seems OK now.
Oh - and for those IE bashers, Firefox also had the same problems :P

REGP

I had similar problems this morning so was interested when the BBC came out with this report earlier:

"BT apologises for broadband outage
Technology / NEW 10 hours ago

BT has apologised after "many" users in the UK experienced problems recently connecting to the internet, but says the issue has now been resolved"

If like me you use BT it may be the answer.

Ray

Chetcombe

Quote from: REGP on June 29, 2014, 12:00:59 AM
BT has apologised after "many" users in the UK experienced problems recently connecting to the internet

Which means someone hijacked the whole UK internet for a while???

Or was it just me downloading my unread messages from the NGF after having been away on business for a week :whistle:
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

I was thinking I must have forgotten to put the plug back in before I left for Australia....  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Northman

Actually the BT outage yesterday is probably my fault for tempting fate:

the day before BT have telephoned me to ask if I was going to renew my broadband subscription for the coming year and I said yes - being very pleased with speed and reliability of BT broadband :no:

Newportnobby

Some while ago I purchased a permanent marker pen with the objective of blackening some of the 'shinier' connecting rods on my old Minitrix/Farish steamers. I found it pretty poor so it's sat on my table ever since, but I've just noticed underneath the claim 'Marks on anything' it bears the legend 'Easy Erasing' :goggleeyes:
What's the point of a permanent marker pen when it can be easily erased? :confused1:
I want it to be permanent - not come off at the first touch :scowl:
Grrrrr

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations